2.0L So......Any updates on that 2.0L Catted Downpipe?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen So......Any updates on that 2.0L Catted Downpipe? 2wyzf

Anyone got any recent news at all on if RV6 or that other company (I forgot the name) that's supposedly planning on developing a Catted down pipe for the 2.0L's?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Nope...nothing. It's honestly sad that aftermarket companies consistently post on this forum with details and updates/developments on the 1.5 motor but not the 2.0. I get that the 1.5 is obviously more popular, but that doesn't mean 2.0 owners shouldn't get the same level of support/service from the companies. @RV6 supposedly is working on a catted downpipe but hasn't said much about it at all...the least they can do is provide people with some sort of update.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Nope...nothing. It's honestly sad that aftermarket companies consistently post on this forum with details and updates/developments on the 1.5 motor but not the 2.0. I get that the 1.5 is obviously more popular, but that doesn't mean 2.0 owners shouldn't get the same level of support/service from the companies. @RV6 supposedly is working on a catted downpipe but hasn't said much about it at all...the least they can do is provide people with some sort of update.
Right??? I (ignorantly) purchased the LX under the impression that I can just simply upgrade it with aftermarket performance parts in the future if I ever felt like it considering it's a dang Civic which is one of the most popular cars that exist (especially the base models), but that was rather naive of me... I've never previously been a "Car Guy" before I bought it, and didn't exactly factor in performance at the time, but obviously that changed since it's such a cool well-built futuristic-looking vehicle that introduced me to car modification and now I feel like it needs to be as fast as it looks (or at least just a little bit faster than it currently is...).

Guess we just gotta be patient...

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I know there is still work being done, just not as quick as I'm sure you guys would like. Comparatively those tuning the 2.0 is a smaller group, but we still saw the potential and there are hundreds rocking a tune! Hope you're all at least enjoying that!

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I know there is still work being done, just not as quick as I'm sure you guys would like. Comparatively those tuning the 2.0 is a smaller group, but we still saw the potential and there are hundreds rocking a tune! Hope you're all at least enjoying that!
Massive thanks for your contributions!!! Previously I didn't even know what "tuning" even meant until I started browsing here, and being the top recommended performance upgrade for 2.0's I immediately knew I needed to get one and have been very satisfied with the upgrade...Now I'm just really looking forward to pairing it with a catted down pipe for further inspection-passing gains.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I have not purchased the Ktuner yet, but it is 100% on my mod list as my next larger purchase. I have heard nothing but good

As for the modifications, It is just frustrating that the 1.5s have so many options, and the K20C2 has been an option for the 3 year cycle of the 10th gen and we do not even have half of the mods available.
I wonder how long it's been this way since I've always thought people buying cheap base model Civics and making them fast was a thing, but perhaps that's a thing of the past or I've just been totally misinformed.

As for the Ktuner, obviously I'm gonna recommend it just like everyone else who used it for their 2.0's since upgrades are still super slim pickings at this point, and also Ktuner is relatively noob-friendly.

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
I installed the acuity short shifter on my 19 sport sedan last weekend. Now I really want some performance upgrades to take advantage of it. The catted downpipe is also someone i am wanting. I to want to be able to pass emissions while still having a little bit of fun.

Planning to buy ktuner as soon as my ECU is fully supported. Ktuner sent me an email a couple weeks ago letting me know my ECU went into initial support. So I'm checking the website on the regular. If initial support means i can us the current tune they have for the 2.0l then i'd order now. But i dont know what initial support actually means so decided to just wait.

I mainly based my purchasing decision on insurance cost and long term maintenance. Im of the opinion that turbo's will probably have more issues in the long term. i also assumed the 2.0l would have more support then it does.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I installed the acuity short shifter on my 19 sport sedan last weekend. Now I really want some performance upgrades to take advantage of it. The catted downpipe is also someone i am wanting. I to want to be able to pass emissions while still having a little bit of fun.

Planning to buy ktuner as soon as my ECU is fully supported. Ktuner sent me an email a couple weeks ago letting me know my ECU went into initial support. So I'm checking the website on the regular. If initial support means i can us the current tune they have for the 2.0l then i'd order now. But i dont know what initial support actually means so decided to just wait.

I mainly based my purchasing decision on insurance cost and long term maintenance. Im of the opinion that turbo's will probably have more issues in the long term. i also assumed the 2.0l would have more support then it does.
Initial support does mean the tune is included.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Guys I have gotten an update from Rv6 about this downpipe!

They are in the process of moving to a new shop right now. They said they will be testing cats for this car soon!

Keep that bank account ready!
That's awesome to hear! All hope isn't lost I guess. Makes you wonder why they didn't release the catted downpipe first though, their market for the catted downpipe would probably be way bigger.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag

They are in the process of moving to a new shop right now. They said they will be testing cats for this car soon!

Sweet! Glad it's still going to be a thing and is not forgotten about. Thanks for the heads up!!!

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Rejoice! You know if they want testers? lol

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
A noob question, but what exactly is the difference between catted and cattless downpipe? Is it just the catted being quieter?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
More free flowing than the stock cat, less than the catless. Not as much power gain as catless, but quite a bit more than stock. Possibly allows O2 sensors to remain enabled with a lot lower chance of flagging a CEL. Also quieter than catless.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
A noob question, but what exactly is the difference between catted and cattless downpipe? Is it just the catted being quieter?
I'm far from an expert so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather the catted downpipe has some kind of filter looking thing (called a catalytic converter I think?) that reduces toxic emissions (the stock ones are catted, but the catted aftermarket ones are designed to be more free-flowing than the stock to increase power gains). The catless downpipes don't have the filter/cat converter thing, so the pipe flows even more freely than the catted ones to further increase power gains (at the cost of the environment, along with failing inspections in many places).
Sponsored