Snow tires for touring hatch

jcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I bought a 2018 Hatch Touring back in the summer, and with winter here, I've noticed these continental all season tires suck. Even rain causes some traction loss. I see that Tire Rack does winter packages with Blizzak WS90 and some wheels, but I'm not sure how going down in size on the wheels affects things. Costco told me they won't go down in size...

Just curious how others went so I can figure out what to get. Don't want to spend a lot, but it sounds like you can't really do much cheaper than $800-$1000.
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a 2018 Hatch Touring back in the summer, and with winter here, I've noticed these continental all season tires suck. Even rain causes some traction loss. I see that Tire Rack does winter packages with Blizzak WS90 and some wheels, but I'm not sure how going down in size on the wheels affects things. Costco told me they won't go down in size...

Just curious how others went so I can figure out what to get. Don't want to spend a lot, but it sounds like you can't really do much cheaper than $800-$1000.
You have a few options.

The smallest I’ve seen for my car is 17” (I have an Si though, so you may be able to go with 16s on the Sport Touring, I would double check first though or maybe someone else can chime in). Depends if the brakes will clear.

For tire size, from what I’ve seen, 215/50R17 and 235/45R17 will affect the speedometer the least. 225/45R17s are also an option but it throws the speedo off by a small margin (I think -1.6% if you’re going from 235/40R18s). I currently run the 225s since I got a smoking good deal on rims/tires from a friend.

Don’t do 18s for winter, especially if you’re not after the aesthetics. It’s a waste of money IMO.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
My SO is running my stock 17” ex wheels on her sport touring. 215/50/R17’s with the blizzak ws90s and she loves them. I’ll be doing similar next year for my car
Sponsored