Snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring.

OP
OP
CanadaNeal

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring White Orchid Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't. Not worth the gas or time. Seriously. :thumbsup:

I found some nice Momo alloys from Canadian Tire a few weeks ago for $110 each on sale, they were 16 inch and figured they'd be perfect for the winter months. Figured they'll go on sale again. Pairing them with Hankook iPike Winter Tires which are the same price. So $880 plus hardware, install and balance, and taxes, about $1100 all in I'd say, and that's a rough estimate.
Either that or I go with the steelies and get some nice hubcaps and have the package for under $850. But there's a voice inside my head, saying "Spend more now, regret it later". :banghead:
Personally, I want the Alloys, but everyone I talk to about snows on Alloys looks at me like I'm nuts. Then again, I kind of like the look of the all black steelies too. Makes it look like a cop car, in a way. Kinda tough and stealthy. Ah, we probably won't get much snow anyway. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll start scanning for Alloy sales....
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally, I want the Alloys, but everyone I talk to about snows on Alloys looks at me like I'm nuts. Then again, I kind of like the look of the all black steelies too. Makes it look like a cop car, in a way. Kinda tough and stealthy. Ah, we probably won't get much snow anyway. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll start scanning for Alloy sales....
Yeah, this past winter was disappointing. It was almost worth not putting my snows on. But I love alloys. Steels are so common. I like standing out. :nixon:

But I'm probably going to make the jump in August-September Area, before the demand gets too high. Hoping something pops up again on sale by then.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I wouldn't. Not worth the gas or time. Seriously. :thumbsup:

I found some nice Momo alloys from Canadian Tire a few weeks ago for $110 each on sale, they were 16 inch and figured they'd be perfect for the winter months. Figured they'll go on sale again. Pairing them with Hankook iPike Winter Tires which are the same price. So $880 plus hardware, install and balance, and taxes, about $1100 all in I'd say, and that's a rough estimate.
Either that or I go with the steelies and get some nice hubcaps and have the package for under $850. But there's a voice inside my head, saying "Spend more now, regret it later". :banghead:
LOL!

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

Hahahaha. This past winter a co worker said the same thing to me "It looks like a cop car". Hahahaha. I do like the steel rims btw. The offset wasn't exact but it's understandable since I went with a thinner tire so it does stick in the wheel wells a little bit more than stock rims and tires. But expected since I went from a 215 to a 205

I went with the continentals Wintercontact Si
And the steels with all hardware and mounting and balancing it came to $576 + $119 for shipping at tire rack. So for under $700 this was a great setup for the Civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring. ima

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaNeal

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hahahaha. This past winter a co worker said the same thing to me "It looks like a cop car". Hahahaha.
Wow, that's a good deal. Hope I can find one that good up here. Your car looks cool, btw. Stealthy.

They make nice Cop cars. Our Ontario Provincial Police need to upgrade to Generation X.

Honda Civic 10th gen Snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring. o

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, that's a good deal. Hope I can find one that good up here. Your car looks cool, btw. Stealthy.

They make nice Cop cars. Our Ontario Provincial Police need to upgrade to Generation X.

opp.jpg
A blacked out Civic Si or Type R as an OPP Cruiser. Now that would be a sight.

OP
OP
CanadaNeal

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone explain the offset to me? My questions are: What is the current offset on my Touring Coupe? How do I tell the offset on a set of rims I plan to buy? Is there a number somewhere? I'd like to get as close to stock as possible, avoiding adapters and rubbing.

Also, anyone know if you can fit 4 full sized tires in the back of a Coupe with the seats folded down?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Can anyone explain the offset to me? My questions are: What is the current offset on my Touring Coupe? How do I tell the offset on a set of rims I plan to buy? Is there a number somewhere? I'd like to get as close to stock as possible, avoiding adapters and rubbing.

Also, anyone know if you can fit 4 full sized tires in the back of a Coupe with the seats folded down?
A quick Google search will tell you how. But quickest way is
1. measure the width of rim (inside of flanges where rubber meets rim) then convert this number to mm and divide by 2. Probably easier with tire off rim.

2. Measure with straight edge from edge to edge from inside of rim and measure straight down to where the mating surface of hub is and then convert this to mm.
If this number is larger than what you got from step one it is a 'positive offset' I inserted a pic to demonstrate this

3. Subtract what you got in step 1 minus what you got in step 2. This is your offset.

Hope that helps

My winter steel rims were offset of 42mm which I assume is close to stock. I went thinner for winter tire from a 215 tire to a 205. So it will stick in wheel well more because it is thinner. But it's close. So I'm guessing your looking for a roughly 42 mm offset

The lower the offset number the more they 'stick out'
I wouldn't mess with the offsets much. Keep as close to stock as possible. The more you make them stick out makes the leverage more for weight transfer making your suspension work harder and you will have more body roll in turns.

Honda Civic 10th gen Snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring. ima

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaNeal

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A quick Google search will tell you how. But quickest way is
1. measure the width of rim (inside of flanges where rubber meets rim) then convert this number to mm and divide by 2. Probably easier with tire off rim.

2. Measure with straight edge from edge to edge from inside of rim and measure straight down to where the mating surface of hub is and then convert this to mm.
If this number is larger than what you got from step one it is a 'positive offset' I inserted a pic to demonstrate this

3. Subtract what you got in step 1 minus what you got in step 2. This is your offset.

Hope that helps

My winter steel rims were offset of 42mm which I assume is close to stock. I went thinner for winter tire from a 215 tire to a 205. So it will stick in wheel well more because it is thinner. But it's close. So I'm guessing your looking for a roughly 42 mm offset

The lower the offset number the more they 'stick out'
I wouldn't mess with the offsets much. Keep as close to stock as possible. The more you make them stick out makes the leverage more for weight transfer making your suspension work harder and you will have more body roll in turns.

image.jpeg
Wow, thanks for the info. I'll do a bit more of a search, but you answered a lot for me. Cool. I guess I was wondering if the offset is advertised, or marked anywhere on the rims.
I'm also still wondering if they'll fit in the back, lol.
Thanks again.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Wow, thanks for the info. I'll do a bit more of a search, but you answered a lot for me. Cool. I guess I was wondering if the offset is advertised, or marked anywhere on the rims.
I'm also still wondering if they'll fit in the back, lol.
Thanks again.
Can't help ya there. I have the touring and I never tried putting the rims in the car. took em off and threw em in corner of garage for the winter.
And I gave the procedure because you said you were trying to find the offset of a wheel set you were going to buy. Tell you the truth I think I looked for the offset stamped somewhere but I don't recall finding it on the stock touring rim. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
...I'm also still wondering if they'll fit in the back, lol.
Thanks again.
I had the four stock tires in the trunk and back seat folded down and if I remember right, there was room to spare. I think your coupe's trunk is 3" shorter but I think you would be fine.

Just remember to put cardboard or thick blankets between the wheels as mine got scratched from rubbing together.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Don't quote me on it but I believe the stock offset for the touring wheels is 45. All other Honda models that I know of (2015 and older) are 55 offset. It's one or the other for sure, but I've heard 45 all around. You can even send College Hills Honda a PM (I think they're here on the forum) or email them and they'd probably have that information.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Don't quote me on it but I believe the stock offset for the touring wheels is 45. All other Honda models that I know of (2015 and older) are 55 offset. It's one or the other for sure, but I've heard 45 all around. You can even send College Hills Honda a PM (I think they're here on the forum) or email them and they'd probably have that information.
I have posted pics on this forum that confirms the 45mm offset on the stock Touring rims. I just checked and the pics also show that my Honda steel rims are 55mm offset.

See post #11: http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-in-the-snow.854/#post-10185

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
I was spoiled with my Passat, it was awesome in the snow, even on bald 17" tires! (Don't ask...) Not sure how this Civic will fare, I know the past few gens were less than ideal... For snow tires, pick a range and a budget... And a 'type' of snow tire if you're picky. Hard to get a truly 'bad' one, but I like the Continental WinterContacts we have on the Vibe. Biased towards dry roads, yet well balanced for snow or ice...

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag