Snaps crackles and straight pipes

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it me getting older or is the straight pipe,camber trend,foil wraps, bigwings annoying? I don't remember the car scene being like this 8yrs ago? And whats with two stepping everywhere if youre not staging to race LOL...maybe I'm just getting old (28)
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Eh, to each his own. You don't always have to be "racing" someone to have a little fun with your car. I do find the camber trend pretty stupid especially the people who make nice cars borderline undriveable just because it looks "good". It also matters what car you're straight piping. If it's a Civic then lets face it, 4 cylinders don't sound good when straight piped, it just sounds like a fart cannon. If it's a V8 then it's a different story, it's loud but at least they sound nice. As far as big wings go, I hate it, even on the Type R. But it also depends on the car again, if you have a big wing on a base Civic then it's stupid imo, but if it's something like a GTR at least it's somewhat respectable because the car is fast as hell. 2 steps and stuff like that is just people having fun, I don't really care unless they're obnoxious about it and they do it at every traffic light or something.

OP
OP
87elco

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eh, to each his own. You don't always have to be "racing" someone to have a little fun with your car. I do find the camber trend pretty stupid especially the people who make nice cars borderline undriveable just because it looks "good". It also matters what car you're straight piping. If it's a Civic then lets face it, 4 cylinders don't sound good when straight piped, it just sounds like a fart cannon. If it's a V8 then it's a different story, it's loud but at least they sound nice. As far as big wings go, I hate it, even on the Type R. But it also depends on the car again, if you have a big wing on a base Civic then it's stupid imo, but if it's something like a GTR at least it's somewhat respectable because the car is fast as hell. 2 steps and stuff like that is just people having fun, I don't really care unless they're obnoxious about it and they do it at every traffic light or something.
I find people just doing twostep because it makes popping sounds..they probably don't even know what it does and v8 straight pipes are pretty annoying too at least from the mustang, dodge crowd...maybe it's just the area I'm in right now

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not my thing (I tend to just do subtle mods) but to each their own.

keepitmoving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Country flag
People can have fun, but driving around like a douche, putting other motorists in danger is a different story. There is always some idiot, trying to overtake me, and cut me off for no reason, when I'm just going my way. There are some strange drivers out there. Attention whores making their exhausts explode for no reason, is nothing but noise pollution.
Sponsored