Smashed Civic

ihatecats78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L Coupe
Honda Civic 10th gen Smashed Civic ima
I got rear ended in Austin this weekend.. The lady hit me hard enough to push me into the vehicle in front of me.. Strangely, there was more damage to the front of my car than the rear.
Honda Civic 10th gen Smashed Civic ima

OP
OP

ihatecats78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L Coupe
image.jpeg
I got rear ended in Austin this weekend.. The lady hit me hard enough to push me into the vehicle in front of me.. Strangely, there was more damage to the front of my car than the rear.
image.jpeg
Less than 3k miles on the car - no idea whether or not it will be totaled. Airbags didn't deploy.

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear that man. Insurance gonna take care of everything for you?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, sorry about the accident. At first I just saw the rear shot and thought, "That ain't bad at all..." Then I saw the front end shot. Holy sheets! That looks bad.

Like many other accident posts here, I haven't seen one yet that's been totalled. For good or bad, these cars are designed to fold up in this manner to absorb impact to the passengers. Unless there's actual frame damage I can't see it being considered a total loss. It's going to costs thousands for sure though. Main thing is to make sure you take the car to a reputable shop that does great paint work. All those panels will be replaced like the hood, bumper, quarter panels, etc. But the paint job will make a huge difference on how restored it will appear.

Good luck.

2006civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic coupe
Country flag
I am completely mystified how you got hit in the back, yet the front is so mangled and the back looks barely touched. Man, sorry to see that, glad you are alright.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, I wasn't expecting the front shot.

I can't really see the frame being damaged, but then again, I'm not an expert. Sorry to hear of your accident. There's been a lot of them lately.

With that amount of damage though from the front, I'm surprised you do not have more at the back. That seems like it would take a lot of force to be pushed forward like that.

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's possible that the Civic got nudged underneath a taller vehicle like a truck or something. Just the right angle to crumple the thin sheet metal.

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Yikes! I'm sorry, brother. My car is also in the shop right now after getting hit. I hope yours is fixable. Cheers!

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's possible that the Civic got nudged underneath a taller vehicle like a truck or something. Just the right angle to crumple the thin sheet metal.
Definitely possible. That happened to my brother with our 2005 Accord. Rear ended a Ford F-250 landscaping truck at 30 km/h and it was a wrote off. 10k to fix and that was only a year ago.

OP
OP

ihatecats78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L Coupe
Yep.. I was behind a GMC Yukon and got wedged underneath. The tow hitch punched a hole clean through my radiator.

Luckily, as I was pushing it off of the freeway, I didn't notice anything funny with the steering.

Insurance should take care of everything, but that's another story altogether. I was hit by a Japanese citizen here visiting. Apparently she declined the rental coverage from Enterprise, so I have no idea how her insurance from back home is going to address this.

I have USAA and they're paying everything up front. They'll chase down the money from the at fault party more effectively than I can on my own.

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep.. I was behind a GMC Yukon and got wedged underneath. The tow hitch punched a hole clean through my radiator.

Luckily, as I was pushing it off of the freeway, I didn't notice anything funny with the steering.

Insurance should take care of everything, but that's another story altogether. I was hit by a Japanese citizen here visiting. Apparently she declined the rental coverage from Enterprise, so I have no idea how her insurance from back home is going to address this.

I have USAA and they're paying everything up front. They'll chase down the money from the at fault party more effectively than I can on my own.
Glad to hear you're being taken care of.

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I am sorry to know that. After looking at the scenario, the cost would be around $15k + for the repairs. Hopefully your car gets totalled. What's the status right now about repairs/replacement? Do you have replacement insurance?

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
here in CA i was told if you're hit from behind and you end up hitting a car in front of you then you are found at fault well at least a small percentage..... but yeah go through your insurance and they will go after them... remember it's your choice where you decide to go... look up on yelp or google the best auto repair shops close... goodluck

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
You walked away unhurt, that is the most important - so sorry you had to go through that. It's possible the woman who hit you had insurance coverage through the credit card (Visa/Mastercard) she used for the rental. I hope they total the car & you can buy a new one.
Sponsored