Small dent to the right of the H on back of my car

1. ilovemycar

ilovemycar Member

Car(s):
    2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
    I was looking at the back of my EXT and noticed a small dent or impression, the size of a thumb, a few inches to the right of the Honda emblem. The light hit it just right for me to see it. I also noticed that this piece is made of plastic and not sheet metal, so it has to be a manufacturing issue. Has anyone else seen this?

2. AegeanT

AegeanT Senior Member

Health Care
    Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Ford Escape SEL
    The best thing for you to do in a case like this is to take it into Honda. As long as it isn't from any kind of impact or user error, I don't see why they wouldn't fix it under warranty. Do you have a picture of it so the rest of us can see?

I don't recall having any dents at all on my car from factory (I know a lot of people don't have the same luck), but I'm sure others will chime in.

3. OP
    ilovemycar

ilovemycar Member

Car(s):
    Here is a picture, but it's difficult to see. This piece above the license plate with the "H" is plastic, and if the light didn't hit it just right, I would have never saw it. I am just curious if anyone else has one. When I picked up my car I brought a list of things to look out for before handing over any $$. I've seen cars on the lot and even on the showroom floor with the dents above the little side windows. I am very happy to say my car doesn't not have them.

IMG_5907.JPG

4. AegeanT

AegeanT Senior Member

Health Care
    Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Ford Escape SEL
    I cant really see it. But if you do see it and its bothersome, I would definitely bring it into Honda to get the piece replaced/repaired. It doesnt look like there is any impact damage of the sort, so you should be okay to get it done.

As for the dents, yeah, I got lucky with those. But my car had the peeling paint issue on the bumpers, and they covered it under warranty. Just take it in and keep updating :)

5. OP
    ilovemycar

ilovemycar Member

Car(s):
    What? Where is the peeling paint on the bumpers?