messenio

First Name
Tevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I began to notice over the weekend that my car is making a clunking sound when I'm giving it gas or releasing the gas, usually at lower speeds. It almost feels like there's play somewhere in the drivetrain, maybe the CV axles or diff. It doesn't happen all the time, but I can usually recreate it by driving at about 5mph or so and alternating between gas and coasting. It's not very loud but I don't remember it being there before, so I was wondering if this is normal... The car drives normal in every other aspect, and it's a CVT by the way.
Sponsored

Deleted member 26142

I began to notice over the weekend that my car is making a clunking sound when I'm giving it gas or releasing the gas, usually at lower speeds. It almost feels like there's play somewhere in the drivetrain, maybe the CV axles or diff. It doesn't happen all the time, but I can usually recreate it by driving at about 5mph or so and alternating between gas and coasting. It's not very loud but I don't remember it being there before, so I was wondering if this is normal... The car drives normal in every other aspect, and it's a CVT by the way.
Could be just that oem rear motor mount that's causing that sound the material is very soft and has alot of play

OP
OP
messenio

messenio

First Name
Tevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Could be just that oem rear motor mount that's causing that sound the material is very soft and has alot of play
Thanks, do you think it's something warranty would take care of, or am I just nitpicking?

Deleted member 26142

I wouldn't say nitpicking since I was in the same, I doubt warranty would do anything about it since all the factory mounts are very soft to prevent in cabin vibration and for a smooth ride.
Down side too that is you'll notice engine movement especially once you're making more than stock power, that's why I upgraded mine to the Hasport motor mount posted above
Sponsored