Skunk2 vs eibach pro kit si

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Which springs would be best? I have the eibachs in right now and debating on which to sell
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What is your end goal..? Do you track your car... or do you want comfort.... ? you want lots of low or minimal low..... ?:dunno:
Everybody will tell you their opinion.. but you have to make the decision yourself ultimately ….. but if you going for a better looking drop then the Skunk2 will have a better looking drop..:hmm:

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Skunk 2 is really bad quality stuff, just good marketing/coatings on cheap materials (broken cams, cam gears, camber arms, etc). Just my opinion, but stick with the Eibach prokit ( currently running them as well)... If you want to go lower than the prokit, get a proper full coilover set up especially if you want a reliable daily. Worse case, get the sportline kit.

aegean_18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I've got the Skunk2's on my Si, and I can't complain. They have a better overall drop (in terms of wheel gap) than the Eibach's (IMO), so I went with those, and haven't regretted the decision.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Skunk 2 is really bad quality stuff, just good marketing/coatings on cheap materials (broken cams, cam gears, camber arms, etc). Just my opinion, but stick with the Eibach prokit ( currently running them as well)... If you want to go lower than the prokit, get a proper full coilover set up especially if you want a reliable daily. Worse case, get the sportline kit.
The quality of these springs are just as good as any of the other brands. I have had Eibach, Tein, Progress, H&R, and now these Skunk2's. They are on par with the Teins and pro-kit in my experience. This can be platform specific though... I had the pro-kit on a SRT4 and the Tiens on an evo 8.

The drop looks better than pro-kit... the ride is near stock imagine non sport being like sport on and sport on being like sport+ if it existed.

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Honestly, I have never heard anything bad about Skunk 2 products. I just ordered a set of Skunk 2 Lowering Springs today. I will post an update after arrival.
They may have gotten better, but have seen enough bad parts from Skunk2. Own an ITR as well, so been in the aftermarket scene for a long time.

I would love to see an independent compression test on Skunk2, Eibach, H&R (had sagging issues), Hypercoils (second to Swift, run on my ITR from AMR Engineering), Swift (supposed to be the best). I would be surprised if Skunk2 did well.

None the less, not trying to hate on S2, just what I have seen in the industry. End of the day its springs, if it fails or sags, damage would be minor hopefully.

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m also in market for lowering springs, and it is frustrating because I’d really like the drop that s2 has. Lower in the front but a lot of people have been complaining about s2. Guess I’ll keep waiting...

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m also in market for lowering springs, and it is frustrating because I’d really like the drop that s2 has. Lower in the front but a lot of people have been complaining about s2. Guess I’ll keep waiting...
I have yet to see anyone complain who actually has them... but even still I have them and they are great, no regrets.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking good.... should settle in a bit more too.

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I hope they do I would like it just a tad bit lower. Ill give it about 1K miles to fully settle and post an update on the height
Did you installed the camber?