Si's have defective clutch?

Does your Si have a clutch that slips when its cold (first 5 10 min of driving after car has sat)?

• Total voters

fightingfish

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Is there anything the community could do to put pressure on Honda for a recall?
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
17 Si Coupe. Followed break-in for 1000 miles. Drive the car casually, never launched, never WOT in 5th or 6th. Rarely go WOT, usually 70-80% if I want to go fast. Have misshifted twice from 3rd to 2nd. Currently using ktuner 19/23 dual map and Mishimoto SRI. 4700 miles and no slip. Usually wait 30 seconds to 2 minutes before driving the car from a cold start. Pretty bummed I can't mod the car further without an expensive clutch replacement.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is it me or is 3/4 throttle pretty much the same as full throttle. I don't really notice a difference between the two.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it me or is 3/4 throttle pretty much the same as full throttle. I don't really notice a difference between the two.
In many drive by wire vehicles such as the Civic, 75% via the throttle pedal translates to a greater than 75% opening of the throttle body. They two are typically not linear either.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It's worried me enough that I'm staying stock. I'm hoping that Honda does a recall for the Sis and gives us a decent clutch.
A recall? you can’t be serious lmao. There is zero chance of that happening.

Clutch works perfectly fine as long as you don’t modify the car to produce power it wasn’t designed for.

I truly believe the people having trouble with the clutch that are stock do not know how to drive.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Clutch works perfectly fine as long as you don’t modify the car to produce power it wasn’t designed for.

I truly believe the people having trouble with the clutch that are stock do not know how to drive.
Can you please elaborate on "not knowing how to drive". I want to tune my car as well, but if I fall into that category of not knowing how to drive, then I will probably stay stock.

I currently have roughly 2k miles on my car and haven't experienced any slipping and I do drive my car hard.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag

I agree...I think the problem is in the driver's seat, not in the mechanics...

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree...I think the problem is in the driver's seat, not in the mechanics...
Yeah not true my car slipped while stock on a dyno run to see how much power it makes. Everyone who really knows about these cars can say that the clutch is shit.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah not true my car slipped while stock on a dyno run to see how much power it makes. Everyone who really knows about these cars can say that the clutch is shit.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Too many variables to count.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Too many variables to count.
True but majority say the clutch is bad. I have never felt a clutch like this Honda ever lol stock is so light that anyone can learn without stalling on it.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
True but majority say the clutch is bad. I have never felt a clutch like this Honda ever lol stock is so light that anyone can learn without stalling on it.
While that is sorta true, my '15 Si felt the exact same way to me. It certainly isn't like the one in my Mustang GT I used to own - my left calf was twice the size of the right from pushing it ...but I still won't say it's 'defective'...

Biff_Inglewood_420_69

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mazda Miata, 2016 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen
Country flag
6500 miles on the odometer. Just noticed mine slipping today, 45 degrees Fahrenheit in the morning, slipping on freeway in 6th. Also noticed slipping on the way home, around 50 degrees, going up hill, 45mph in 4th. Jumped from 2500rpm to around 3250rpm when the turbo spooled, no noticable change in speed. As soon as I got off the gas it dropped back to 2500rpm. I called the dealer immediately and they said "it's normal since it's a hydraulic clutch". Whatever the fuck that means. It's hydraulically actuated, sure, but so is my Miata. Nothing special. Only difference is it's an unsprung plate and dual mass flywheel, but that isn't more or less likely to slip than the alternative. Maybe I just gotta bring it in and show them. Should I take out my drop in filter and PRL intake pipe? Think they'd blame it on the 0.02 hp increase?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Think they'd blame it on the 0.02 hp increase?
Probably so considering they want you to believe it's normal for hydraulically-actuated clutches to slip as opposed to mechanically-actuated clutches. :) Good god - dealers will just say anything to dismiss people!