Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright I just used a resource a lot of ppl seem to overlook... I called the company.. haha! Procivic/Sirimoto (procivics house brand) recommends taking the bar off to make it easier now as well. Don't know why the video shows it this way. They said that it may have been easier to leave it on on the 9th gen.
I can honestly say I didn’t follow the directions myself. I just installed it the way that made the most sense, in order for it to fit properly lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any of you have figment issues with the SiriMoto? Finally got a decent weather day to go outside and put it in just to find not everything aligns properly

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any of you have fitment issues with the SiriMoto? Finally got a decent weather day to go outside and put it in just to find not everything aligns properly
For those of you interested, upon inquiring @procivic about my fitment issue they informed me that they had received a few SiriMoto Strut Bars where the brackets were not machined correctly. They are sending me new ones (already in the mail) so I can complete my install. Shoutout to them for their great customer service!

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I put on my sirimoto, brackets first then the bar and it was a very tight fit. Needed to have someone push down really hard on the bar to get it to flex into place.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put on my sirimoto, brackets first then the bar and it was a very tight fit. Needed to have someone push down really hard on the bar to get it to flex into place.
Sounds like something isn't right. I have always found that if it takes a lot of effort to install something, it isn't being installed right, or you don't have what you need. That being said, I installed mine with very little effort at all, and everything lined up as it should.

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sounds like something isn't right. I have always found that if it takes a lot of effort to install something, it isn't being installed right, or you don't have what you need. That being said, I installed mine with very little effort at all, and everything lined up as it should.
Did you do brackets first or just install as one piece? Yeah overall I'm not to impressed with the quality. Seems pretty flimsy and flexible while installed and like I said was a little tricky to get on.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you do brackets first or just install as one piece? Yeah overall I'm not to impressed with the quality. Seems pretty flimsy and flexible while installed and like I said was a little tricky to get on.
I put one of the brackets on, slid the bar on, slid the other bracket on and tightened it in place. Then I tightened the bar to the brackets.

SandyEggoSi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Rallye Red
Country flag
Quick tip, Check to see if the SiriMoto, Ultra, and Cusco allow for utilization of the OEM slotted upper strut mounts or if they are NON Adjustable. The Tanabe bar definitely IS. It is a small adjustment but it will give you 3-4mm more clearance for the front fenders and help your aesthetic situation if you're running a wheel/tire setup that "pokes." Also, a little static neg camber helps with increased cornering grip but you will need to turn the toe adjusters about 1/4 of a turn each to get the car back to zero toe if u set it to max neg camber after removing the locating pin on the strut mount.

DoingOK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Quick tip, Check to see if the SiriMoto, Ultra, and Cusco allow for utilization of the OEM slotted upper strut mounts or if they are NON Adjustable. The Tanabe bar definitely IS. It is a small adjustment but it will give you 3-4mm more clearance for the front fenders and help your aesthetic situation if you're running a wheel/tire setup that "pokes." Also, a little static neg camber helps with increased cornering grip but you will need to turn the toe adjusters about 1/4 of a turn each to get the car back to zero toe if u set it to max neg camber after removing the locating pin on the strut mount.
Very good point. I had to use the upper mount adjustment just a small amount to clear the fenders with my wheel/tire combination. I have the Tanabe bar.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto vs Tanabe Strut Bar IMG_1462.JPG

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I have experience with both strut bars.. both do their jobs just fine. I sold the sirimoto strut bar and picked up the tanabe brand new at a good deal and glad I did... Aesthetically it looks much better and looks to be made out of better quality than the sirimoto

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto vs Tanabe Strut Bar 20180214_174022

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How close does the tanabe bar get to the brake fluid reservoir? I tried to find pictures of straight side profile to see the clearance (front/back and vertical spacing), but I've not been successful.
Sponsored