SiriMoto v Tanabe Strut Bar

• Total voters

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Is that the recommended changing period for our cars?
Brake fluid change every 3 years recommended by Honda on my past cars. I’m assuming it’s the same for this gen. I guess it’s not too bad to take out the bar on every change or get away with using a funnel if the bar clears it enough to not take it off.
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll look for that during install and let you know if it touches and if it does I'll try some foam or gold tape Maybe? Idk any advice?

Is that the recommended changing period for our cars?
I have the Sirimoto and I just used a wire tie fitted loosely on the hose to keep it from touching the bar. You don’t even notice it.

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the Sirimoto and I just used a wire tie fitted loosely on the hose to keep it from touching the bar. You don’t even notice it.
I think it's revised I opened mine and it only uses 2 strut bolts now.. wasn't the original all 3 bolts on each side?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you say wire tie... like a zip tie? Do you have a pic of what you did?
Here you go. I would have used a black one, but didn't have one at the time. Either way, it is barely noticeable. You just want to make sure you don't tie it too tight. You just want to have the hose moved down a bit.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto vs Tanabe Strut Bar wire tie 2

View attachment 78773

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto vs Tanabe Strut Bar wire ti

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto vs Tanabe Strut Bar wire tie 3

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nicely done. I have all different colors but a nice black ziptie would for sure go unnoticed... very clean though thank you.

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How have you guys gone about torquing the two bolts that are located under the bar itself?

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How have you guys gone about torquing the two bolts that are located under the bar itself?
Im really confused on why people aren't just putting the bar down last instead? like unbolt the cross bar.. torque down the mounts then torque the bar on?

Is there a lot of wiggle room on the nuts they give you or the brackets themselves? I haven't opened mine yet but that's what I was gonna try

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im really confused on why people aren't just putting the bar down last instead? like unbolt the cross bar.. torque down the mounts then torque the bar on?

Is there a lot of wiggle room on the nuts they give you or the brackets themselves? I haven't opened mine yet but that's what I was gonna try
Yeah you just put the brackets on first and then tighten the bar to the brackets. Not all that complex.

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah you just put the brackets on first and then tighten the bar to the brackets. Not all that complex.
I don't know why it comes loose already and they don't do that in the installation video and you actually see them struggling to reach that bolt too.

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hmmm....disassemble strut bar, put brackets on and torque first, bar last....makes too much sense

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know why it comes loose already and they don't do that in the installation video and you actually see them struggling to reach that bolt too.
You put the whole thing together, loose. You move the bar around to tighten the brackets to the strut mount. Then you tighten the bar to the brackets.

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You put the whole thing together, loose. You move the bar around to tighten the brackets to the strut mount. Then you tighten the bar to the brackets.
We know that's how they do it in the video but you can't really torque those bolts properly that are under the bar...

The way I suggested seems to make the most sense and I was worried I was missing something because even Sirimoto doesn't do it this way in their video? haha

But it seems like ppl are agreeing this way I described is easier and correct.

Last edited:

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Alright I just used a resource a lot of ppl seem to overlook... I called the company.. haha! Procivic/Sirimoto (procivics house brand) recommends taking the bar off to make it easier now as well. Don't know why the video shows it this way. They said that it may have been easier to leave it on on the 9th gen.
Sponsored