• Total voters

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Considering which strut bar to purchase. Would appreciate any comparisons or reviews from any of you who have purchased and installed one on your civic. Open to hearing about alternatives as well.
Sponsored

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I chose the Tanabe, quality was ok to good and price was right at 112$.
I cant say I feel a huge difference, if one at all but it looks nice
Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto vs Tanabe Strut Bar 64B91E22-B993-43C7-8D25-FC6560702A18

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You left out the best bar. The bar from Ultra Racing may not look as cool as the other two bars, but the sturdy one piece, light weight steel design is a win, performance-wise. I love it.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto vs Tanabe Strut Bar IMG_20171013_151901

Read more in this thread.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Strut bars make a difference contrary to what some might say. I think the thing is perception. A bigger rear sway bar will add a more noticeable difference, no doubt. But a front strut bar does help.

A bigger rear sway reduces body roll and understeer... that's big . People somehow expect the same thing from a FSB and it's a different animal entirely.

Here's what a front strut bar can do...

It can tighten up the front end. The car feels more solid over road imperfections and jolts. It can add some weight and precision to the steering. But here's the most important difference as far as I'm concerned... it makes the car feel more controlled in quick left/right lane changing maneuvers and emergency accident avoidance type scenarios. My EX-L had some wobble to it that pretty much disappeared with my UR bar installed.

The FSB gets a bum rap from many who say "it's only for looks". Although yeah, it does add some underhood bling.

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I chose the Tanabe, quality was ok to good and price was right at 112$.
I cant say I feel a huge difference, if one at all but it looks nice
64B91E22-B993-43C7-8D25-FC6560702A18.jpeg
Where did you find it at this price?

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is there anything wrong with the siri moto? I have it in the box still... I could still switch.

What are ppl referring to it burning through piping?

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Is there anything wrong with the siri moto? I have it in the box still... I could still switch.

What are ppl referring to it burning through piping?
There’s some rubber hose piping that sticks from the top of the engine that touches near the middle of the strut tower bar. The bar gets really hot from the engine and melts a part of the engine hose. I hear that SiriMoto revised their bar to clear the tubing. It also looks like ultra racing raised theirs pretty high enough to barely touch the hood insulation. I could be wrong about the clearances. Someone else chime in? I want to get the ultra racing bar, but it looks like it blocks the brake fluid/clutch reservoir and it’s a hassle to keep taking it off every time I need to change the fluid albeit every 3 years.

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
There’s some rubber hose piping that sticks from the top of the engine that touches near the middle of the strut tower bar. The bar gets really hot from the engine and melts a part of the engine hose. I hear that SiriMoto revised their bar to clear the tubing. It also looks like ultra racing raised theirs pretty high enough to barely touch the hood insulation. I could be wrong about the clearances. Someone else chime in? I want to get the ultra racing bar, but it looks like it blocks the brake fluid/clutch reservoir and it’s a hassle to keep taking it off every time I need to change the fluid albeit every 3 years.
I'll look for that during install and let you know if it touches and if it does I'll try some foam or gold tape Maybe? Idk any advice?

Is that the recommended changing period for our cars?
Sponsored