neoleixun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello to all,

I purchased a SiriMoto rear sway bar with SiriMoto end links from Pro-Civic about a month ago and get it installed in a local, trusted shop.

At first I heard some metallic sounds coming from the location but I did not pay too much attention to it because it was getting quiet down after a day or two. However, recently the sound is back and keeps getting louder so I decided to go back to the shop and get it inspected.

Once the car is up, I found out that the metallic sounds is actually coming from the sway bar hitting the rear controll arms (please see the photo for reference). I have asked the shop to try to extend the end links to its maximum to create as much clearance as possible yet during cornering the sound still is able to be heard.

I am just wondering if anyone has run into this issue before or not. If yes, what did you do to fix the issue? Thank you all very much for advice.

Best regards.

View attachment 90169

View attachment 90170

View attachment 90171
Sponsored

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
Hey man, I would recommend asking @procivic about this. I only have the rear sway bar with OEM end links. I had it installed for about 7 months now and no issue so far.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, I would recommend asking @procivic about this. I only have the rear sway bar with OEM end links. I had it installed for about 7 months now and no issue so far.
Is it possible they could have installed it upside down? I ran that bar on my hatch without issue.

OP
OP
neoleixun

neoleixun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible they could have installed it upside down? I ran that bar on my hatch without issue.
Thank you for your reply.

After closely inspect the tutorial video by Pro-Civic and my current setup, I do find this possibility is very likely. I will double check with the shop after Easter Monday.

Best regards.

OP
OP
neoleixun

neoleixun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The mechanic who installed the sway bar for me might installed it up side down after a close comparison between how Pro-Civic themselves did it and how is my current setup. I will double check after this Monday.

Best regards.

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag

The mechanic who installed the sway bar for me might installed it up side down after a close comparison between how Pro-Civic themselves did it and how is my current setup. I will double check after this Monday.

Best regards.
If the bar was installed upside down, it is very likely there would be metal on metal contact. Hopefully it's just as simple as flipping the bar right-side up, but if there are any questions please message us or send us an email. :D
Sponsored