Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
In my opinion, this is far and away the best oil cooler kit on the market, for the 1.5T or Type R. The oil cooler unit placement is perfect for maximum airflow and no obstructions. No trimming or elimination of factory vents or brake ducts either. Simplest design and install possible and relocates your oil filter for easier future oil changes. Plus, all the hardware is high-grade and built to last!

I attached a PDF file of the FK8 CTR SiriMoto oil cooler install instructions (file attached at bottom of this post). If you look through all the steps, you can see the great attention to detail and high quality engineering that was put into each component on this kit. It even comes with a specialized 10AN thread adapter with a unique hex nut on it JUST so you can make sure your oil filter pedestal base is torqued 100% correct (better than the OEM filter which normally is just torqued by hand). It includes a nice black 10AN wrench too!

Forum discounts are available! Product page is here: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/sirimoto-engine-oil-cooler-kit.html

Here are some quick specs on the kit, but follow the product link above post for even more details.
  • Pre-Assembled -10AN hoses.
  • -10AN ORB to Male Port Adapter Fittings.
  • 90-degree -10AN Female Union.
  • All aluminum 19-Row Oil Cooler Core with Mounting Brackets. Coated in a silver finish for corrosion resistance.
  • Core Size: 285mm x 150mm (11.2" x 5.9").
  • Core Thickness: 50mm (1.96").
  • Sirimoto Oil Filter Take-Off.
  • SiriMoto Oil Filter Pedestal and Bracket.
  • SiriMoto Black Fender Washers with Rubber Nuts.
  • Silver Zinc Coated Flanged Hex Head Hardware.
  • -10AN Aluminum Wrench and 3mm Ball-End Hex Key.
  • Blue Thread Locker.
  • Fluid Capacity Increase: ~1 Qt.
  • Optional Oil Filter: PLM Style (PCX filter not recommended due to space constraints).
Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Oil Cooler Kit for the Type R 46982_3176___SiriMoto%20CTR%20Oil%20Cooler%20Kit

One more interesting thing: here's a spotlight video of one of the main components of the kit, the Oil Filter Take-Off and Pedestal. Has some very innovative design features.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Oil Cooler Kit for the Type R 44992_3176___SM-HC16-OCK-NT_Oil%20Cooler%20Kit%20Img%201

Attachments

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looks like a good setup though. I think anyone racing their CTR should probably get this along with J's grill and they're good to go

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
looks nice
any objective data to show these actually lower engine temps?

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
looks nice
any objective data to show these actually lower engine temps?
Yes, here is a graph from a track event we attended to test this product out:

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Oil Cooler Kit for the Type R sirimoto-oil-cooler-temps-graph-jpg-

This was for the 1.5T Civic Si kit. The Type R will get similar (if not better) results since that car overheats quickly. It's typical that on a hot day you'll get 1-2 good laps (at a track) or maybe 15 minutes of spirited driving in before the Type R drastically reduces power. We've had customers confirm this as well.

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
Yes, here is a graph from a track event we attended to test this product out:

sirimoto-oil-cooler-temps-graph-jpg-jpg.jpg

This was for the 1.5T Civic Si kit. The Type R will get similar (if not better) results since that car overheats quickly. It's typical that on a hot day you'll get 1-2 good laps (at a track) or maybe 15 minutes of spirited driving in before the Type R drastically reduces power. We've had customers confirm this as well.
where do you recommend I order from?
I notice when I dive the car hard and then park it in my garage i can smell a burnt smell... is this normal?

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
where do you recommend I order from?
I notice when I dive the car hard and then park it in my garage i can smell a burnt smell... is this normal?
It really depends on how bad the smell is. It could be in your case that your oil temps just got too high and a little bit of oil did burn. In those instances I would normally recommend letting the car idle for a couple minutes before turning it off. Right now your absolute best deal in terms of ordering this kit is going to be here: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/sirimoto-engine-oil-cooler-kit.html. Just remember to use the "BKCYB_SIRI" 15% off code!

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wh
In my opinion, this is far and away the best oil cooler kit on the market, for the 1.5T or Type R. The oil cooler unit placement is perfect for maximum airflow and no obstructions. No trimming or elimination of factory vents or brake ducts either. Simplest design and install possible and relocates your oil filter for easier future oil changes. Plus, all the hardware is high-grade and built to last!

I attached a PDF file of the FK8 CTR SiriMoto oil cooler install instructions (file attached at bottom of this post). If you look through all the steps, you can see the great attention to detail and high quality engineering that was put into each component on this kit. It even comes with a specialized 10AN thread adapter with a unique hex nut on it JUST so you can make sure your oil filter pedestal base is torqued 100% correct (better than the OEM filter which normally is just torqued by hand). It includes a nice black 10AN wrench too!

Also, for anyone interested in this, now is the time to get it. You can save 15% with the Black Friday / Cyber Monday week code "BKCYB_SIRI"! Product page is here: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/sirimoto-engine-oil-cooler-kit.html

Here are some quick specs on the kit, but follow the product link above post for even more details.
  • Pre-Assembled -10AN hoses.
  • -10AN ORB to Male Port Adapter Fittings.
  • 90-degree -10AN Female Union.
  • All aluminum 19-Row Oil Cooler Core with Mounting Brackets. Coated in a silver finish for corrosion resistance.
  • Core Size: 285mm x 150mm (11.2" x 5.9").
  • Core Thickness: 50mm (1.96").
  • Sirimoto Oil Filter Take-Off.
  • SiriMoto Oil Filter Pedestal and Bracket.
  • SiriMoto Black Fender Washers with Rubber Nuts.
  • Silver Zinc Coated Flanged Hex Head Hardware.
  • -10AN Aluminum Wrench and 3mm Ball-End Hex Key.
  • Blue Thread Locker.
  • Fluid Capacity Increase: ~1 Qt.
  • Optional Oil Filter: PLM Style (PCX filter not recommended due to space constraints).
46982_3176___SiriMoto%20CTR%20Oil%20Cooler%20Kit.jpg

One more interesting thing: here's a spotlight video of one of the main components of the kit, the Oil Filter Take-Off and Pedestal. Has some very innovative design features.

So why do you think this oil cooler is superior than its competitors?

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Wh

So why do you think this oil cooler is superior than its competitors?
If I were to guess, it would be because of these. I can't speak for the OP though.

"The oil cooler unit placement is perfect for maximum airflow and no obstructions. No trimming or elimination of factory vents or brake ducts either."

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I were to guess, it would be because of these. I can't speak for the OP though.

"The oil cooler unit placement is perfect for maximum airflow and no obstructions. No trimming or elimination of factory vents or brake ducts either."
Yes, that's the main advantage, along with the fact this is a 19 row cooler unit. The installation is also easier, and it also makes future oil changes a snap. One more thing though: the oil filter relocation on the Type R allows for some extra clearance of the oil filter to ensure if you hit something hard on the ground you won't damage your filter. Of course, when comparing to the competition, this depends on the exact thickness of the sandwich adapter being used. On the 1.5T models though, this oil filter relocation is a must. In fact, you could not even properly install an oil cooler kit without it. The filter would hit the metal undertray.

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Can you provide pic of cooler installed on Type R?

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
Country flag
Does this kit feature a bypass valve to make sure you don’t have flow going through the cooler when oil is cold?
Sponsored