SiriMoto Front Strut Bar for All 10th Gen Civics

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Whether or not the bar does anything I am not sure that is a meaningful test.

The bar isn't going to see vertical force in the middle of the bar where you would flex it by pulling on it with your arm. It should just transfer force horizontally from strut mount to strut mount.
Sponsored

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

The bar isn't going to see vertical force in the middle of the bar where you would flex it by pulling on it with your arm. It should just transfer force horizontally from strut mount to strut mount.
Yeah but if it flexes with human force, may mean it's ineffective at helping to reinforce the chassis if the chassis itself is stiffer than the strut bar.

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Not necessarily. It all depends on the stiffness in the direction of the force transfer.

I get what you're saying I just think it is impossible to draw any real conclusions from that test.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Not necessarily. It all depends on the stiffness in the direction of the force transfer.

I get what you're saying I just think it is impossible to draw any real conclusions from that test.
I agree with this.

I can also say that there was a noticeable difference in cornering after this install, so in the end that's all that matters.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

I see. Just that factory strut bars on my RL and on a 13' TSX are thick and not even have the slightest flex to them. On the 16' MDX seems like the strut towers are connected to the firewall.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag

I didn't mean to imply that pushing on the bar was an accurate test. It simply means that the bar is stiff and at least does not flex easily under human force. The vertical stiffness can come into play when the bar experiences strong horizontal forces which might otherwise cause the bar to kink or bend at bit in the center. I guess a rough analogy would be if you take a perfectly flat piece of cardboard and then press on it from either side...it will bend somewhere in the middle.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can someone please confirm 2.0 fits just fine? I keep seeing people have to run extra washers because bar touches the engine cover?

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Can someone please confirm 2.0 fits just fine? I keep seeing people have to run extra washers because bar touches the engine cover?
I do remember one customer who said that the bar barely touched the plastic engine cover on the 2.0L non-turbo engine, but that was it. Maybe there were a few others I'm not aware of? If you did order the strut bar and had any fitment issues, we would of course take care of it. :thumbsup:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I do remember one customer who said that the bar barely touched the plastic engine cover on the 2.0L non-turbo engine, but that was it. Maybe there were a few others I'm not aware of? If you did order the strut bar and had any fitment issues, we would of course take care of it. :thumbsup:
yeah, ordered one and installed, it doesn't just touch one single bump, but the whole cover is under the pressure, I'll take some photos tomorrow, but I suggest you to start including those washers into your packages so we don't have to run to home depot :)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
installed washers. clearly this bar wasn't tested on 2.0 otherwise civicpro would've know about the issue, poor 2.0s :(
Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Front Strut Bar for All 10th Gen Civics Photo_Sep_02

and I don't think this is stiff enough.... with one finger I was able to push it down

maybe im doing something wrong?

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
installed washers. clearly this bar wasn't tested on 2.0 otherwise civicpro would've know about the issue, poor 2.0s :(
Photo_Sep_02.jpg

and I don't think this is stiff enough.... with one finger I was able to push it down

maybe im doing something wrong?
Wow, that video is shocking. I've had strut bars on a number of cars (solid one piece design) and couldn't flex them no matter how hard I tried. Thanks for posting that. I wish someone would make a better strut bar for our cars.

Btw, are you sure you tightened the bolts that hold the bar to the brackets?
Sponsored

Last edited: