SiriMoto Flexfuel Kit Install

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R; 14' AMG C63; 18' Toyota Avalon XLE
Country flag
I had to take off the front bumper because I had SiriMoto's oil cooler lines in the way of that sensor on the radiator. It was good practice, I had a vacation drive to the east coast and I wanted to see how the oil lines and connections were holding up. After a FUBAR in installing the Hondata tune for E85, my 2017 touring coupe is now a Skoshi Tiger.

1) What "FUBAR" id you experience?
2) How is everything working out today and have you had the car on a dyno yet with an ethanol mix?

I'm having issues making power after the install on our first pulls on the dyno. We are right at about 38% ethanol but are only seeing stock power. (Mishimoto intake, PRL intercooler, PRL charge pipe kit, RV6 downpipe/front pipe, SiriMoto & Hondata)
Sponsored

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
took me about 2 hours to install and like 90 mins of that was me routing wires and taking breaks lol to make sure everything was cleanly installed.

that kit is for the 1.5T and 2.0T one looks slightly different. I didn't notice any difference in fuel lines from stock to the ones provided with the sirimoto kit and the gauge comes with the kit. The wires from both the ECT2 and the ethanol sensor plugs into the gauge.

if you have hondahack you can display the ethanol content through the app on the headunit. That's why i tucked away the gauge. The kit like the PRL which just comes with the converter box instead of a gauge would've been better for me (not to mention, it takes power from the secondary o2 so no need to use an add-a-circuit) but it was not out when i bought it and still not out so. I also liked how only the ethanol sensor is visible in the bay and everything else can be tucked inside on the sirimoto.
I just bought sirimoto flex fuel kit. Does the gauge have to be hooked up for the kit to work. I also have the hondahack on the headunit. So does this kit require running the line inside the vehicle to connect to the fusebox?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah the gauge has to be hooked up as that's the analyzer also.

you can technically keep the gauge inside the engine bay if you don't want to route wires inside, I just put mine in the glove box hidden and ran the wire through the firewall.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
yeah the gauge has to be hooked up as that's the analyzer also.

you can technically keep the gauge inside the engine bay if you don't want to route wires inside, I just put mine in the glove box hidden and ran the wire through the firewall.
So once you enable the option on the flashpro...the headunit automatically picks up the ethanol content and displays it.