SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yup i did this and it still reads 4% lower
Let me know what you find. I just finished installing it and it’s the same thing. I also don’t care cause I tucked away the gauge but I’m just curious to see which value the tune is basing the content off of.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! fSX7mLW

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! mLkrru

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
It is definitely not reading the innovate gauge reading because the gauge is only for input of signal and has no output.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Let me know what you find. I just finished installing it and it’s the same thing. I also don’t care cause I tucked away the gauge but I’m just curious to see which value the tune is basing the content off of.

fSX7mLW.jpg

mLkrrup.jpg
Thanks. That’s what I thought.
I spoke too soon. I wasnt too familiar w your kit, your gauge may be the eca itself so it may be what is sending content to the ecu. But in that case one of them isn’t calibrated properly perhaps to read 0-5v? Guessing.

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

fSX7mLW.jpg

mLkrrup.jpg
Yeah so far not seeing a way that we can adjust this and fix, I’ll be reaching out tommorow to hondata

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Can we disconnect the gauge and have it still read?
not with the sirimoto kit. The gauge itself needs to be connected to convert the signal to volts.
The prl kit does not require a gauge.

Yeah so far not seeing a way that we can adjust this and fix, I’ll be reaching out tommorow to hondata
i adjusted the voltage on the calibration to be 0% = 0.4V, 100% = 4.8V like the factory value for the calibration and it got closer. Gauge reads 25.8%, and the app shows 25%. The app showed 30% when it was calibrated as 0-5V.

Not sure why because everywhere i read, the continental sensor reads 0-5V as 50hz-150hz.

also my engine bay after install. Wires are cleanly routed and a custom bracket was made for me to be able to use the mishimoto catch can.
Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! xfxSuuF

if i had the factory intake, it can be pulled off as "stock"

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Looks great. Protune? Have you tested your “e85”? I tested mine at 50 with a vial and it tested 51 w my kit weeks later.

I looked for instructions and I couldn’t find them but id read them and think about following

1. What is the innovate eca calibrated as 0-5v or otherwise. (Cobbs subaru wrx kits are 0.5-4.5v because it has an additional safety ecu obdii-ish code it throws, cobb1 and cobb2 for low and high e content.) Adjust all other variables to same value, im positive its 0-5v.
2. See if there is something in instructions allowing you to calibrate the innovate eca “reading” on the gauge, software that allows for adjustment, etc similar.

I wouldnt adjust your hondadata ecu to match the innovate gauge reading just yet. Do you have a test tube/vial to test your fuel?

If you can attach instructions or link id appreciate it and id probably be able to troubleshoot it better.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Looks great. Protune? Have you tested your “e85”? I tested mine at 50 with a vial and it tested 51 w my kit weeks later.

I looked for instructions and I couldn’t find them but id read them and think about following

1. What is the innovate eca calibrated as 0-5v or otherwise. (Cobbs subaru wrx kits are 0.5-4.5v because it has an additional safety ecu obdii-ish code it throws, cobb1 and cobb2 for low and high e content.) Adjust all other variables to same value, im positive its 0-5v.
2. See if there is something in instructions allowing you to calibrate the innovate eca “reading” on the gauge, software that allows for adjustment, etc similar.

I wouldnt adjust your hondadata ecu to match the innovate gauge reading just yet. Do you have a test tube/vial to test your fuel?

If you can attach instructions or link id appreciate it and id probably be able to troubleshoot it better.
yeah, the innovate mentions 0-5v as 0-100%. If i change the values to 0-5v on hondata, it doesn't match so it feels like there is an issue in hondatas coding. The hondatas base calibration value listed it as 0.4-4.8 before i changed it so i uploaded the calibration to see what it would put me at. Mind you, i don't daily drive the car so i haven't driven it and probably won't till i get a response from hondata. They're pretty good with responding to emails so hoping to receive a reply tomorrow.

Before i put any ethanol in, the gauge read 9.4% (hondata read 14%) which seems to be in line with what our pump gas has so i believe the gauge is the correct value.
There is a software i believe to calibrate the innovate gauge. The innovate gauge says that it's calibrated to 0-5v as "default" so i assume there isn't a need to calibrate the gauge but i guess you never know.

I just find it hard to believe, we are the only ones with non matching values with the amount of kits they have sold. I mean, all it consists of is ect 2 plug, and power/ground.

As for the test tube, i haven't tested it yet. I actually ordered it last week on amazon and should have it soon.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you can take the serial cable that came with the innovative gauge and program your gauge to match hondata. I didn't have to touch either and mine are right on.

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you can take the serial cable that came with the innovative gauge and program your gauge to match hondata. I didn't have to touch either and mine are right on.
Yeah you can but at this point I’m thinking it’s the hondata sensor that needs to be calculated since once i installed the kit and turned car on pre-corn the innovative gauge read 10% which is normal for pump gas.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah you can program it. It would also work the same way if i program the hondata E% values to match to the innovate gauge also.
The innovate gauge read 9.4% with no E85 pumped in so i'm pretty sure the gauge is reading correctly and that the values showing on the hondata is wrong. Either the value 0-5v on hondata calibration is wrong or the default hondata value of 0.4 - 4.8 is actually the correct one.

Just weird that me and him are the only ones having different values.

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yeah you can program it. It would also work the same way if i program the hondata E% values to match to the innovate gauge also.
The innovate gauge read 9.4% with no E85 pumped in so i'm pretty sure the gauge is reading correctly and that the values showing on the hondata is wrong. Either the value 0-5v on hondata calibration is wrong or the default hondata value of 0.4 - 4.8 is actually the correct one.

Just weird that me and him are the only ones having different values.
Went back to default values and now it’s right on