SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

impulseg112

First Name
Loi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just switched over to hondata on Monday from ktuner...I did not need another jail break...worked flawlessly for me
That's interesting. I thought I read somewhere on here, a direct response from Hondata, that you will need to send in ECU again to jail break.
Sponsored

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's interesting. I thought I read somewhere on here, a direct response from Hondata, that you will need to send in ECU again to jail break.
It was thought that the "Return to Factory" process in KTuner was the issue. I also made the same switch as 02SilverSiHB and had no issues at all using the latest version of KTuner to return to factory. Whole process took < 30 minutes, 20 of that just watching progress bars load :)

Jrchris1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R 2001 Honda S2000
Country flag
very happy with this and hondata. glad i made this choice

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Even though some customers have had success directly switching over to a FlashPro from KTuner, it does not always work. That's probably why Hondata said to send the ECU in again.

My recommendation would be to see if it works for you, and just be prepared to send in your ECU if it doesn't.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
May 9th (next Thursday) is still the worst case date we have for shipping all the orders. Hopefully they'll be going out by Tuesday though!