SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Silly question but how are you going about estimating how much of each fuel to fill up with? Any sort of best guessing process you can help a brother out with :D

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
Silly question but how are you going about estimating how much of each fuel to fill up with? Any sort of best guessing process you can help a brother out with :D
I have an app called "e85 mix calculator." A few things you need to know, capacity of tank (12.4 gal for ctr), ethanol % in the pump gas your mixing (I use 10% close enough), the amout of ethanol in the e85 (what is the actually amount i use a simple water tester for this.
You know what let me screen shot and send a pic lol.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
To add to this the way I figure the amount of fuel in the tank is I plug my obdII dongle and use torque app to figure out percentage in the tank, take that multiply it by 12.4 (amount our car holds) and that'll give you the amount in gallons.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
oh man. I forgot we live in the day and age of smart phones haha.

Didn't even thnk about downloading the app to do the calc for me.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To add to this the way I figure the amount of fuel in the tank is I plug my obdII dongle and use torque app to figure out percentage in the tank, take that multiply it by 12.4 (amount our car holds) and that'll give you the amount in gallons.
Thanks! I was stuck on that part, "how much fuel is left in the tank?" I too did not think of the solution you mentioned, that's fantastic. Do you use a specific OBD2 dongle, or can Torque read something like Flashpro? Or I'm wondering if FlashPro mobile could show that field. @Hondata , maybe a possible product idea since you know the platform, the fuel capacity and presumably qty remaining? Just an idea.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! I was stuck on that part, "how much fuel is left in the tank?" I too did not think of the solution you mentioned, that's fantastic. Do you use a specific OBD2 dongle, or can Torque read something like Flashpro? Or I'm wondering if FlashPro mobile could show that field. @Hondata , maybe a possible product idea since you know the platform, the fuel capacity and presumably qty remaining? Just an idea.
Unless I'm missing something, hondata flashpro doesn't have this output yet. Just amazon "obdII" dongle and honestly you don't need anything special. Maybe the expensive ones may do something more or work better, but i didn't need that. I think I paid $14 for mine.
Also remember that this doesn't seem necessary. I may be wrong but I believe hondata stated fmy can pump up to e85, but the map is only going to compensate for e40. Maybe @Hondata can clarify?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Unless I'm missing something, hondata flashpro doesn't have this output yet. Just amazon "obdII" dongle and honestly you don't need anything special. Maybe the expensive ones may do something more or work better, but i didn't need that. I think I paid $14 for mine.
Also remember that this doesn't seem necessary. I may be wrong but I believe hondata stated fmy can pump up to e85, but the map is only going to compensate for e40. Maybe @Hondata can clarify?
if you look at the ethanol section, you can see it adjusts boost, ignition, fuel trim up to pure ethanol. So i'm sure they added it up to pure ethanol. It's just that E40 is supposedly the best for performance.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if you look at the ethanol section, you can see it adjusts boost, ignition, fuel trim up to pure ethanol. So i'm sure they added it up to pure ethanol. It's just that E40 is supposedly the best for performance.
Gotcha. My fk8 is currently sitting with no motor so i haven't had the chance to hook up hondata for a few months. Seems like I'm missing out on some great things lately LOL. Oh well good things come with patience.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Gotcha. My fk8 is currently sitting with no motor so i haven't had the chance to hook up hondata for a few months. Seems like I'm missing out on some great things lately LOL. Oh well good things come with patience.
Yeah. their new traction control is really great.
Just waiting for peoples reviews before i go and touch flex fuel. Their kit seems to be out of stock right now anyways so all i can do is wait lol.
Sponsored