SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hey thanks man so basically get the ethanol to E40 or as close as possible for the best results?
I still personally feel E40 is pushing the fuel system but i haven't went flex fuel yet nor have the datalog to show anything but they do claim E40 is the best output.

reason why i said you can't just use a simple calculator like that and get an actual value is because ethanol content at the pump varies.
The law allows you to label the pump as E85 anywhere between E51 - E85 so without knowing the actual content of the pump your filling up at.

Thankfully with a flex fuel kit, you don't need to have the exact mixture and have a gauge that actually shows the content inside so you can alter the ratio to get it close to the blend your looking for.
Sponsored

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still personally feel E40 is pushing the fuel system but i haven't went flex fuel yet nor have the datalog to show anything but they do claim E40 is the best output.

reason why i said you can't just use a simple calculator like that and get an actual value is because ethanol content at the pump varies.
The law allows you to label the pump as E85 anywhere between E51 - E85 so without knowing the actual content of the pump your filling up at.

Thankfully with a flex fuel kit, you don't need to have the exact mixture and have a gauge that actually shows the content inside so you can alter the ratio to get it close to the blend your looking for.
It seems like they're trying to mitigate this by inversely relating ethanol content and boost so if you raise the E rating, you get lower boost. And E40 seems to be the sweet spot of less boost but most ethanol "goodies" which results in the most power, while still safe for the fuel system. It's a novel approach and frankly, I'm glad they are putting this thought and effort into our platform.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
It seems like they're trying to mitigate this by inversely relating ethanol content and boost so if you raise the E rating, you get lower boost. And E40 seems to be the sweet spot of less boost but most ethanol "goodies" which results in the most power, while still safe for the fuel system. It's a novel approach and frankly, I'm glad they are putting this thought and effort into our platform.
i believe so.
Higher ethanol content, lower boost, more ign timing. Ethanol already provides cooler air charge compared to pump and lower boost means a lower air charge also which probably equates to more power.

I still want to see peoples datalogs before i go start pushing 40%. I'll probably just run it around E20-25 for now until i see more data.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
This is essentially correct. Hondata starts to lower total air charge after around E30, but power continues to rise until about E40. At least, this is how I understand it from what I know about their testing.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
Does anyone or can anyone provide a picture of the connector that connect to the ect2 connector? Possibly a part number. I already have a flex fuel setup minus the output to the ecu.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Is there a graph that we could look at of a pull using e40 with this set up?

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This. Hondata's solution to the limited fuel pump is pretty cool.

Does anyone or can anyone provide a picture of the connector that connect to the ect2 connector? Possibly a part number. I already have a flex fuel setup minus the output to the ecu.
Also this. Love the ease of the plug and play kit, but I don't want any part of the gauge setup required with the Innovate kit. I'd rather source the parts, or perhaps pay for a connector kit, and use a different ethanol content analyzer.

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
I don't see anything about swapping fuel lines for this flex fuel setup. Isn't ethanol corrosive? I know there's ethanol in regular gas, but not at this level. Does this mean a fuel line upgrade is in order? Or would be required in the future?

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
I don't see anything about swapping fuel lines for this flex fuel setup. Isn't ethanol corrosive? I know there's ethanol in regular gas, but not at this level. Does this mean a fuel line upgrade is in order? Or would be required in the future?
They're plastic. Keep in mind this car and majority of all cars produced are shipped all over the world where ethanol content may be higher in regular gas in other countries.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Also this. Love the ease of the plug and play kit, but I don't want any part of the gauge setup required with the Innovate kit. I'd rather source the parts, or perhaps pay for a connector kit, and use a different ethanol content analyzer.
Same here, but last year i already installed the analyzer and flex fuel sensor last year to be ready for this day lol.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same here, but last year i already installed the analyzer and flex fuel sensor last year to be ready for this day lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 20180818_135239

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This was a blend