SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DIFP vs DIFP Command
93:
Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 93 octane DIFP vs Command

E30:

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! E30 DIFP vs Command

Boost 93:

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! boost 93

Boost E30 (sucks that the Y isn't graduated here)

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! boost e30

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Negative, red is E30, blue is 93 octane. From memory the E30 run had 2-3 psi less boost, as well.
Looks good. Keep the road flat and vd will produce consistent results for comparison.

From what i see, assuming both runs were flat road, your car should easily be 400/400. I am not a tuner, i paid the best and asked for a safe daily map.

Are you thinking a custom tune? How much is a custom tune for fk8? I have a 2018 wrx, new to honda world. Are you using ktuner? Hondata doesnt support flex fuel dor fk8 yet no?

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Get new logs, have fun. Cant log two different gears going wot.. get screwed up graphs as you can see.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good. Keep the road flat and vd will produce consistent results for comparison.

From what i see, assuming both runs were flat road, your car should easily be 400/400. I am not a tuner, i paid the best and asked for a safe daily map.

Are you thinking a custom tune? How much is a custom tune for fk8? I have a 2018 wrx, new to honda world. Are you using ktuner? Hondata doesnt support flex fuel dor fk8 yet no?
So, kinda of a long story there. I am actually in the middle of being custom tuned. But, I started with Ktuner and switched to Hondata when they brought out traction control (and am very happy I did.) Then Hondata brought out flex fuel, so I went that way too. My tuner is more comfortable with KTuner but can tune Hondata and the FK8 without any trouble. That said, he's not a fan of flex fuel from what I gather, due to the stock FK8 fuel system limitations which is a legitimate concern. But with Hondata's latest DIFP vs Boost/Air Charge limiting function, you can see from the graphs I just posted, it's actually better (IMO) using E30 than it was using 93. Plus - more power, less boost. And no knock. So I don't see the issue but I'm not the expert.

So yea, it's actually Hondata that offers flex fuel, not Ktuner. I think we're almost done with the custom tune but all of the logging for E30 that I've done has just been off of base maps. I'd hate to have to pay another chunk of money for a custom flex fuel tune, but I guess we'll see.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get new logs, have fun. Cant log two different gears going wot.. get screwed up graphs as you can see.
What do you mean? Both logs are WOT 3rd gear pulls from 2k RPM to rev limit, using the same stretch of flat road.

Edit - I think I see what you're saying but when I pulled these, I had no intention of diving into or graphing them, so I shifted into 4th. Lesson learned I guess, but it's simple to just edit the log and take out the gear change. It's not that big a deal.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Type r is so much stronger on 93 vs my 91 octane wrx tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! E6-F5-E426-55-B1-460-E-A461-0-FAA9886-D080
strongest weapon in fallout new vegas

I though i saw a graph going backwards and screwed up but when i went back it isnt there. So forget it.. but it looked like the boost graph you have posted last. Usually happens when you go 100% throttle in two different gears.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type r is so much stronger on 93 vs my 91 octane wrx tune.

E6-F5-E426-55-B1-460-E-A461-0-FAA9886-D080.jpg
strongest weapon in fallout new vegas

I though i saw a graph going backwards and screwed up but when i went back it isnt there. So forget it.. but it looked like the boost graph you have posted last. Usually happens when you go 100% throttle in two different gears.
Yep, I figured it out a little late. I'll keep it in mind for future logs. I generally just let the laptop log and I don't stop logging until I pull back in the garage, figure it's safer that way, lol.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
I see I thought ktuner had flex and not hondata, good to know.

In my opinion get a new experienced and ethanol-comfortable tuner. My tuners moto is that a stock wrx on e30 is gonna be faster than a fbo 93oct gas, yes different platform but 2L dit engine. How much is a flex fuel custom tune for honda? Phatbotti tuning is one of most expensive tuners at 1100$ flex fuel tune now, thats custom flex (dual fuel tune) fuel tune.

Im assuming you also get tuned for 93oct then e30. Car can run anything in between and adjusts accordingly correct?

I gained 35whp going stg2 91oct and then i gained 90whp on top of that going e50. So yes, better tuner is what you need if you want what your car is capable of.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I don't think anyone is doubting that you get more power with E30 over a 93 octane.

The problem here is fueling when running high ethanol content on this car. I don't know about the FA20s but our motors will run out of fuel even on 93 octane.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
In that case theres no point in going flex fuel. There’s no benefits to ethanol other than improved performance (power).

But someone will come up with fueling upgrades. I do run a dw300c lpfp. I know hpfp starts struggling due to lack of lubrication at e60+ levels so I dunno if thats the limit for otherwise stock turbo setup or something else on fa20. Not a tuner. My best educated guess is stock turbo is not capable of more on fa20s.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
In that case theres no point in going flex fuel. There’s no benefits to ethanol other than improved performance (power).

But someone will come up with fueling upgrades. I do run a dw300c lpfp. I know hpfp starts struggling due to lack of lubrication at e60+ levels so I dunno if thats the limit for otherwise stock turbo setup or something else on fa20. Not a tuner. My best educated guess is stock turbo is not capable of more on fa20s.
it's the HPFP for the CTR that's the problem.

i went flex and running ~E25-30 because we only have 91 octane down here. 91 is pretty limiting, i'm sure you know since your in AZ. I'm sure that low of an ethanol content is fine. Just need to datalog and I can always just adjust boost if i see any pressure drops.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Yes only 91 in az. 93 would have netted me 40-50whp more. But going from 91 to e51 was a drastic improvement, almost 90whp.

I havent used 91 since that day.

Linwozzle

First Name
Linden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP CTR, 05 Lotus Elise, 94 Miata
Country flag
For those with catchcans I got my sirimoto kit to work with my radium catchcan.
What I did was completely remove the fuelline bracket/brace. And moved my catchcan over 1 bolt hole. So rather than being attached by 2 it’s held on by the left hole only then slightly tilted the catchcan down. Used some blue locktite so that it doesn’t move. Gives enough room for the flexfuel line to sit right on top of the radium catchcan.

25AC2487-4DA8-42A6-B058-7B1C57C503C4.jpeg
I don't think it'll be a good idea for that fuel line to be on top of your catch can with that edge on it. I slightly bent my bracket and mounted it to the top bolt on that fuel line cover

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 20190531_172034

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 20190531_172047