SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

1. FlexRex

FlexRex Senior Member

Car(s):
    WRX and M5
    Much better. Are they both e30 pulls?

2. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Senior Member

Product Manager
    First Name:
    Todd
    Car(s):
    '18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
    Negative, red is E30, blue is 93 octane. From memory the E30 run had 2-3 psi less boost, as well.

3. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Senior Member

Product Manager
    First Name:
    Todd
    Car(s):
    DIFP vs DIFP Command
    93:
    93 octane DIFP vs Command.jpg

E30:

E30 DIFP vs Command.jpg

Boost 93:

boost 93.jpg

Boost E30 (sucks that the Y isn't graduated here)

boost e30.jpg

4. FlexRex

FlexRex Senior Member

Car(s):
    WRX and M5
    Looks good. Keep the road flat and vd will produce consistent results for comparison.

From what i see, assuming both runs were flat road, your car should easily be 400/400. I am not a tuner, i paid the best and asked for a safe daily map.

Are you thinking a custom tune? How much is a custom tune for fk8? I have a 2018 wrx, new to honda world. Are you using ktuner? Hondata doesnt support flex fuel dor fk8 yet no?

5. FlexRex

FlexRex Senior Member

Car(s):
    WRX and M5
    Get new logs, have fun. Cant log two different gears going wot.. get screwed up graphs as you can see.

6. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Senior Member

Product Manager
    First Name:
    Todd
    Car(s):
    So, kinda of a long story there. I am actually in the middle of being custom tuned. But, I started with Ktuner and switched to Hondata when they brought out traction control (and am very happy I did.) Then Hondata brought out flex fuel, so I went that way too. My tuner is more comfortable with KTuner but can tune Hondata and the FK8 without any trouble. That said, he's not a fan of flex fuel from what I gather, due to the stock FK8 fuel system limitations which is a legitimate concern. But with Hondata's latest DIFP vs Boost/Air Charge limiting function, you can see from the graphs I just posted, it's actually better (IMO) using E30 than it was using 93. Plus - more power, less boost. And no knock. So I don't see the issue but I'm not the expert.

So yea, it's actually Hondata that offers flex fuel, not Ktuner. I think we're almost done with the custom tune but all of the logging for E30 that I've done has just been off of base maps. I'd hate to have to pay another chunk of money for a custom flex fuel tune, but I guess we'll see.

7. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Senior Member

Product Manager
    First Name:
    Todd
    Car(s):
    What do you mean? Both logs are WOT 3rd gear pulls from 2k RPM to rev limit, using the same stretch of flat road.

Edit - I think I see what you're saying but when I pulled these, I had no intention of diving into or graphing them, so I shifted into 4th. Lesson learned I guess, but it's simple to just edit the log and take out the gear change. It's not that big a deal.

8. FlexRex

FlexRex Senior Member

Car(s):
    WRX and M5
    Type r is so much stronger on 93 vs my 91 octane wrx tune.

E6-F5-E426-55-B1-460-E-A461-0-FAA9886-D080.jpgstrongest weapon in fallout new vegas

I though i saw a graph going backwards and screwed up but when i went back it isnt there. So forget it.. but it looked like the boost graph you have posted last. Usually happens when you go 100% throttle in two different gears.

toddrhodes thanked this.
  9. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Senior Member

Product Manager
    First Name:
    Todd
    Car(s):
    Yep, I figured it out a little late. I'll keep it in mind for future logs. I generally just let the laptop log and I don't stop logging until I pull back in the garage, figure it's safer that way, lol.

10. FlexRex

FlexRex Senior Member

Car(s):
    WRX and M5
    I see I thought ktuner had flex and not hondata, good to know.

In my opinion get a new experienced and ethanol-comfortable tuner. My tuners moto is that a stock wrx on e30 is gonna be faster than a fbo 93oct gas, yes different platform but 2L dit engine. How much is a flex fuel custom tune for honda? Phatbotti tuning is one of most expensive tuners at 1100$ flex fuel tune now, thats custom flex (dual fuel tune) fuel tune.

Im assuming you also get tuned for 93oct then e30. Car can run anything in between and adjusts accordingly correct?

I gained 35whp going stg2 91oct and then i gained 90whp on top of that going e50. So yes, better tuner is what you need if you want what your car is capable of.

11. boosted180sx

boosted180sx Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 CTR, 2019 370Z Nismo, '16 ILX
    I don't think anyone is doubting that you get more power with E30 over a 93 octane.

The problem here is fueling when running high ethanol content on this car. I don't know about the FA20s but our motors will run out of fuel even on 93 octane.

12. FlexRex

FlexRex Senior Member

Car(s):
    WRX and M5
    #162 FlexRex, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    In that case theres no point in going flex fuel. There’s no benefits to ethanol other than improved performance (power).

But someone will come up with fueling upgrades. I do run a dw300c lpfp. I know hpfp starts struggling due to lack of lubrication at e60+ levels so I dunno if thats the limit for otherwise stock turbo setup or something else on fa20. Not a tuner. My best educated guess is stock turbo is not capable of more on fa20s.

13. boosted180sx

boosted180sx Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 CTR, 2019 370Z Nismo, '16 ILX
    it's the HPFP for the CTR that's the problem.

i went flex and running ~E25-30 because we only have 91 octane down here. 91 is pretty limiting, i'm sure you know since your in AZ. I'm sure that low of an ethanol content is fine. Just need to datalog and I can always just adjust boost if i see any pressure drops.

14. FlexRex

FlexRex Senior Member

Car(s):
    WRX and M5
    Yes only 91 in az. 93 would have netted me 40-50whp more. But going from 91 to e51 was a drastic improvement, almost 90whp.

I havent used 91 since that day.

15. Linwozzle

Linwozzle Member

First Name:
    Linden
    Car(s):
    19 CBP CTR, 05 Lotus Elise, 94 Miata
    I don't think it'll be a good idea for that fuel line to be on top of your catch can with that edge on it. I slightly bent my bracket and mounted it to the top bolt on that fuel line cover

20190531_172034.jpg

20190531_172047.jpg