SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
IMPORTANT: This product is not designed for public highway or street use, and is only legal for formally sanctioned race use on a racing vehicle that may never be used on a public highway or street.

For the true racers, the Hondata FlashPro FK8 Civic Type R Flex Fuel software update and this new SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit will net you about 65+ hp and 70+ lb-ft of torque!

Here are some key takeaways for the Type R version of this kit:
  • Available Base Calibrations will provide peak performance between 25-40% ethanol (E25 to E40) concentrations. This is a general recommendation and your exact optimal ethanol % will vary depending on your other bolt-ons and if you use a custom tune or not.
  • The FlashPro has a specific safety strategy for the Type R: boost will decrease as ethanol concentrations surpass 30% (E30) mixtures.
  • Boost is reduced in this manner because the stock High Pressure Direct Injection Fuel Pump cannot supply the necessary fuel volume for full boost at E40.
Key general features of the SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kits:
  • Allows you to run E85 fuel, and mix it with regular pump gas. Your gas tank is not required to just have all E85 fuel in it after installing this kit (hence the name Flex Fuel). The Hondata FlashPro will automatically adjust your tune on the fly as needed for your current fuel mixture. Simply fill up your race fuel containers with only the E85 you'll need.
  • Potential for huge power/torque gain.
  • Helps to spool a turbo earlier and faster.
  • Allows the engine (and turbo) to operate considerably cooler.
  • Enables the ECU to dynamically adjust your tune, for a given amount of ethanol percentage.
  • Best bang for your buck power adder.
  • Easily monitor your E85 / Ethanol-Percentage level with the included Innovate digital gauge.
  • You can choose to run regular gasoline and only pump E85 when you desire more power/torque.
  • This kit was thoroughly tested and designed with very reliable components.
  • Easy to install and features pre-assembled fuel lines to plumb the Ethanol Sensor.
  • Comes with comprehensive installation instructions.
  • Covered by a 1 Year Limited Warranty.
  • Custom SiriMoto Flex Fuel Badge included with every kit.
  • Includes everything you need for a complete installation.Plug-and-Play (PnP) solution, does not require any splicing of wires.
  • Premium Chasiss Harness constructed with:
    • Tefzel Wiring
    • Deutsch Connector
    • Flame-Retardant Nylon Sleeve
  • Sturdy Ethanol Content Sensor Bracket for lifetime reliability.
  • Includes Gauge Pod to easily mount the Innovate digital gauge.
For more information on this kit and/or to purchase, follow this link: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/sirimoto-e85-flex-fuel-kit.html

For the Power Package that includes a Hondata FlashPro, see here: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/sirimoto-hondata-flashpro-e85-flex-fuel-power-package.html

As always, let us know if you have any questions!

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 51685_3166___E85%20Kit%20Complete

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 51685_3166___SM-HC17-FK8-FFIK_Badge

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 51685_3166___FK8_CTR_Dyno_Flex_vs_STOCK

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 51685_3166___FK8_CTR_Dyno_Flex_vs_FBO

Last edited:

high718

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 10 Acura TSX, 16 Yamaha R1
Country flag
@procivic have you tested this kit on a car with a catchcan radiumengineering or mishimoto? I would love to purchase this kit but also want to know if it’ll fit with my current mods. I’m currently running radium dual catchcans.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The kit SHOULD work with either one of those catch cans, but since we haven't tested it specifically, I can't guarantee it. I think you would be able to figure this out pretty quickly by sizing up the bracket and provided hoses without even installing the kit.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R; 14' AMG C63; 18' Toyota Avalon XLE
Country flag
I originally went with the KTUNER in order to maintain the three drive modes, after using HONDATA for years in my other cars, and am now happy to say I'm going back. I'll be ordering these two units next week. Thanks for the detailed post and for the link to where we can get the packaged deal together. I've been mixing 101 oct in with our (shitty) CA 91 oct to get 93-94, which has worked well with the KTUNER. However we have E85 all over the area and, frankly, their are many reasons to swap to HONDATA/flex fuel beyond that.

I too have the Mishimoto can and will see how it mounts up together.

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag
I originally went with the KTUNER in order to maintain the three drive modes, after using HONDATA for years in my other cars, and am now happy to say I'm going back. I'll be ordering these two units next week. Thanks for the detailed post and for the link to where we can get the packaged deal together. I've been mixing 101 oct in with our (shitty) CA 91 oct to get 93-94, which has worked well with the KTUNER. However we have E85 all over the area and, frankly, their are many reasons to swap to HONDATA/flex fuel beyond that.

Yea, California 91 really limits the potential of these cars, but more and more we are seeing E85 stations pop up throughout the state! I'm confident though that you should be able to complete the install of the catch can and flex fuel kit, as it has been done on the 1.5T Civics as shown here:
Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! 44594_3166___10thSi_FlexFuel_withMishimotoCatchCan_size

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

you have to modify the flex fuel kit bracket or move the catch can out of the way for it to bolt it up together. I ran the sirimoto kit previously with the mishimoto catch can and i just made custom brackets because i didn't like the bent bracket look under the hood.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, without getting too long winded about it, I went with this SiriMoto kit, flashed the Hondata OTS FlexFuel map and...ended up with stock power. We added ethanol to the point were it was right under 40%, with the gauge reading between 38-39%. My tuner and I are in contact with Hondata, Matt specifically, and have received little help thus far. We will see though. According to Matt, we should be aiming for closer to 25% in order to see gains.

I can be more forthcoming with information later. I simply wanted to share an update of the current status with my car after taking this step. As of right now, I'm obviously a bit deflated.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear you've having some issues making power gains. Matt's suggestion of trying to hit around 25 - 30% ethanol is spot on. My best guess is there is something wrong with the calibration. Maybe you have other bolt-ons? That could definitely affect the gains.

If you need more in depth assistance with the SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit, please feel free to PM me.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@procivic

The suggestion of aiming for E25 is contradictory to your OP (“will provide maximum performance at ~E40”). Should the info be updated to read “E25” now for the sake of engine safety and customer expectation? Or am I missing something?

I’m a paid customer and have already bought the kit but it’s sitting on the shelf because I’m happy with the OTS tune and power. Maybe it’ll stay on the shelf indefinitely until the power bug bites again.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear you've having some issues making power gains. Matt's suggestion of trying to hit around 25 - 30% ethanol is spot on. My best guess is there is something wrong with the calibration. Maybe you have other bolt-ons? That could definitely affect the gains.

If you need more in depth assistance with the SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit, please feel free to PM me.
I'll message you directly, although I don't feel we need any more assistance with the kit. It seemed to be a straight forward install and the car is currently with Lawrence at LB in San Jose. We have a Mishimoto intake, PRL intercooler and charge pipe kit, RV6 downpipe/front pipe (catted) in addition to the SiriMoto/Hondata setup. Nothing outside what was recommended in the video Hondata put out with Doug.

Maybe it is the calibration, but both datalogs and calibration have been sent to hondata so we wait...

@procivic

The suggestion of aiming for E25 is contradictory to your OP (“will provide maximum performance at ~E40”). Should the info be updated to read “E25” now for the sake of engine safety and customer expectation? Or am I missing something?

I’m a paid customer and have already bought the kit but it’s sitting on the shelf because I’m happy with the OTS tune and power. Maybe it’ll stay on the shelf indefinitely until the power bug bites again.
This. The interesting thing is that I have seen a few cases locally (to me), one of which is a YouTube personality named Michael Baxi, where people had similar problems but were ultimately able to make good power AT 40% ethanol AFTER a custom tune and working out bugs. So not sure why the stance has universally moved to aiming for 25%. There are a few E25 specific tunes on the Hondata flashpro too if that's the case.

I understand the concept behind the higher E leading to trim and lower boost...with this in mind, 40% was still the "happy spot" and "recommended". It may be easier at the lower E levels to work with since the high pressure fuel pump isn't pushed to the max so easily, but it seems like 40 CAN work for better power and WAS originally the recommended level. Just wish Hondata was helping a little more, but it seems like it matters who you get in contact with and who you are.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@procivic

There seems to be a decent amount of variation in what ethanol % gives max power. The tune and other bolt-ons will have a large effect on this. In general, it is somewhere around 30% in most cases. However, we've also seen higher amounts. Due to this, the recommendation we give of 30-40% is a very general one.

I'll see if we can maybe re-word things to make this more clear.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There seems to be a decent amount of variation in what ethanol % gives max power. The tune and other bolt-ons will have a large effect on this. In general, it is somewhere around 30% in most cases. However, we've also seen higher amounts. Due to this, the recommendation we give of 30-40% is a very general one.

I'll see if we can maybe re-word things to make this more clear.

I feel the original statement was clear...that optimum performance could be expected at 40%. Understanding that this isn't the case and now changing the recommendation to be "between 30-40% depending on application" seems fair. At any rate, Javier at Hondata was able to send us a calibration, similar to other cases, that ultimately worked and the car made the power that was advertised AT 40%. Since then I have kept the mix anywhere in the thirties, up to 40, and have been worry free.

Thanks again for your willingness to respond and bare with me through this, and I'm sorry for the late reply.

Big heads up to anyone else about to do this combination, Javier is the best contact at Hondata to help, should a problem arise, and if your in the bay area, Lawrence at LB is awesome as well. Hondata's new fuel system upgrade should alleviate everything though.

Last edited:

typeRkidd

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Has any instill this kit with a mishimoto oil catch can and how did u make it fit
Sponsored