First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So back in the end of last December I got my brand new Si coupe, and so far I have loved the car. Great looks, great power (compared to my old stock engine 1998 Miata), great features, I just love it all. But now I’m looking to upgrade, and I’m liking the look of SiriMoto’s Flex Fuel kit and Hondata FlashPro, and I think I’ll run the +9 psi for sport mode plus full throttle shift basemap, and use E85 fuel as often as I can. This is the first car I’ve ever decided to upgrade so bear with me here and correct me where I’m wrong. So my questions are:

1. If you’ve done this for your Si, how did the stock intake and exhaust handle it? As in do I need to upgrade to cold air intake and down pipes for better air flow or do the stock parts work just fine? (I ask because I’m on a bit of a budget and would prefer to be able to easily return the car to stock for now)

2. How does the E85 kit work? I’m confused as to how (looking at the kit) connecting in a few new hoses and adding some wires can suddenly make the car able to run with ethanol. Can that not damage the engine if the engine parts aren’t made to use that fuel? (I did read somewhere that the Civic is so widely sold internationally that it’s made to run on E40, E50, or any percentage of ethanol because of what other countries use, but I assumed they slightly modified the cars sent to these countries based on what type of fuel is available, right? Or are all civic engines built to be able to run any percentage of petrol or ethanol?)

3. With my configuration, I won’t be running Sport mode too often, only for if I need to pass someone, or I’m on a mountain road and want to let loose, etc. So with my configuration, how likely is it that I’ll damage either my engine, my turbocharger, transmission, or anything else when redlining? I’ve heard that the +6 psi basemap works fine for daily driving, that’s why I want to use the +9 psi on sport, but I’ve noticed the videos I’ve watched of people using +9 are afraid to redline. If that’s too damaging, I have no problem using +6 psi on sport mode, because I do want my engine to last and I want to be able to redline, I just wanted to coax out the little extra power I know it can do (and was a little disappointed that stock Sport mode doesn’t actually increase power).

4. General thoughts? How much did you like these upgrades, and would you recommend it? Anything you think I missed that I should keep in mind before I buy? Or do you have any suggestions for similar better products? I’d prefer to stay at or under the current price for the products right now (~$1300).

That’s all of my questions for now, thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited:

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si 2015ex 2012 Dodge Avenger
Country flag
So back in the end of last December I got my brand new Si coupe, and so far I have loved the car. Great looks, great power (compared to my old stock engine 1998 Miata), great features, I just love it all. But now I’m looking to upgrade, and I’m liking the look of SiriMoto’s Flex Fuel kit and Hondata FlashPro, and I think I’ll run the +9 psi for sport mode plus full throttle shift basemap, and use E85 fuel as often as I can. This is the first car I’ve ever decided to upgrade so bear with me here and correct me where I’m wrong. So my questions are:

1. If you’ve done this for your Si, how did the stock intake and exhaust handle it? As in do I need to upgrade to cold air intake and down pipes for better air flow or do the stock parts work just fine? (I ask because I’m on a bit of a budget and would prefer to be able to easily return the car to stock for now)

2. How does the E85 kit work? I’m confused as to how (looking at the kit) connecting in a few new hoses and adding some wires can suddenly make the car able to run with ethanol. Can that not damage the engine if the engine parts aren’t made to use that fuel? (I did read somewhere that the Civic is so widely sold internationally that it’s made to run on E40, E50, or any percentage of ethanol because of what other countries use, but I assumed they slightly modified the cars sent to these countries based on what type of fuel is available, right? Or are all civic engines built to be able to run any percentage of petrol or ethanol?)

3. With my configuration, I won’t be running Sport mode too often, only for if I need to pass someone, or I’m on a mountain road and want to let loose, etc. So with my configuration, how likely is it that I’ll damage either my engine, my turbocharger, transmission, or anything else when redlining? I’ve heard that the +6 psi basemap works fine for daily driving, that’s why I want to use the +9 psi on sport, but I’ve noticed the videos I’ve watched of people using +9 are afraid to redline. If that’s too damaging, I have no problem using +6 psi on sport mode, because I do want my engine to last and I want to be able to redline, I just wanted to coax out the little extra power I know it can do (and was a little disappointed that stock Sport mode doesn’t actually increase power).

4. General thoughts? How much did you like these upgrades, and would you recommend it? Anything you think I missed that I should keep in mind before I buy? Or do you have any suggestions for similar better products? I’d prefer to stay at or under the current price for the products right now (~$1300).

That’s all of my questions for now, thank you!

Build your own.. source the parts...
Save the 200-250....

OP
OP

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Prepare for a clutch swap. The base hondata would be fine but if you're swapping to flex fuel as well, you will need to do a clutch upgrade. Depending on shops around you, this can add an additional $1000+ for parts and labor.
Woo boy, well then I guess I'll get Hondata first and save up and decide if clutch swap and flex fuel are worth it. I mainly don't want to void the warranty but a clutch swap will hold me over for any more heavy duty mods I might get later on, but I'll have to decide that later on. Looking at forums, the Clutch Master's FX300 or FX400 look good, my question is which one would be better though? Is the FX400 designed for more power?

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm currently hitting a roadblock trying to install my Sirimoto flex kit. I'm at the part where I have to locate the E54 terminal on the ECU harness to cut and splice in the yellow wire that I'm assuming is for the gauge. Issues is that when I located where the E54 wire should be, the terminal is plugged up and there's no cable. I have a 2018 Honda Civic si coupe. Was there a revision to the harness I don't know about? I've tried looking this up online and can't find a single answer. Called Procar studio where I bought the kit from and the guy didnt know what I was talking about. Called Innovative Motoworks where the kit is sourced from and they said to contact Sirimoto...went to the Sirimoto website and there's no contact number, just refers me back to procar studio. Anyone have this issue or have an answer for me? Maybe a color picture showing which cable to cut and splice into? The provided instructions are also black and white which doesn't help when they're referencing colored cables that need to be cut...

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
1. Leave intake and stock catback exhaust alone unless you want noises. I would buy a larger down pipe but consider emission standards where you live before you do that.

2. Excellent choice. Like someone said id build my own kit, in fact i did for my wrx and sell them now on ebay. Just ordered si oxygen connectors from china to make my first rendition of the PRL kit for hondas. Sent you a pm.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto’s E85 kit + Hondata FlashPro Questions 7-A445-AD9-31-A7-42-CA-B981-802-A586-FB39-B

3. Hard to say. Redlining regularly shortens your engine life due to harder use than normal, but id use vd or dyno your car to find out the power curve than ride that. Id imagine it wont go to redline.

4. Id say you got it right on. Id consider buying a custom or tsp flex fuel tune on top of everything (consider downpipe vs oem downpipe).

Enjoy the car man. Flex will take you to another level.
Sponsored