Side mirror puddle lights

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
they look real nice, what do they do?
I think they just light up the ground near your door in case there is a puddle, you can see it before you step in it :)

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anymore details about your mod? Would be really interested in doing this if the process isn't too hard.

OP
OP

Custom37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
They only turn on when the car is either unlocked from the keyfob or a door is opened. They turn off once the doors are closed and the car is locked, just like the dome light.

OP
OP

Custom37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
The process i followed is from this link:

http://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...-some-class-side-mirror-puddle-lights-907045/

I did however have to improvise a bit since the car used in the guide is completely different!, instead of tapping into some random fuse i discovered that 2016 civics have an accessory port right next to the fuse box under the driverside dash. It's the same port used for official accessories like illuminated kick plates, ambient lighting, etc... I only tapped into the purple 'domelight supervision' wire (negative) and the red 12 volt constant (positive) from the accessory port. That way the leds only come on when the car is unlocled like the dome light, but without being wired to the actual domelight circut. Once i had power figured out the hardest/most time consuming part was actually just running the led wires through the side mirror wire harness into the door then through the door wiring harness into the car and out under the dash, for that i took off the door panel and used a wire hanger to get the wires through the factory looms. After that i ran the right side led wires under the dash over to the left side led wires and connected them, then i connected the leds to the domelight supervision wire and 12 volt constant. I zip tied the led wires to hide them from sight and replaced the accessory port back onto the fuse box. The whole project took two afternoons to complete. This does NOT interfere with factory accessories.
Honda Civic 10th gen Side mirror puddle lights 20160906_170213
Honda Civic 10th gen Side mirror puddle lights 20160906_170315

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice find. I'm going to have to rewire my interior accent lights. I didn't like tapping the dome circuit at the rear view mirror to put lights in under my seats. I also didn't want to spend hours testing every plug under the dash :p

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been trying to find these wires for the longest time! Thanks for posting this! I'm going to add footwell lights that turn on with the dome light, and possibly puddle lights that go underneath the door as well. I'm a bit busy right now, but hopefully I'll be able to work on this project by the end of the month. I'll post pics when I'm done :D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
Country flag
What fuse is this on? Same as the rest of the interior lighting? I believe that's a 10A fuse. I'd like to add a similar setup, but on the bottom of the door so it lights up where you step out, and not the other side of the door. Good find for the plug, that will certainly make things a lot easier for the install.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My version of puddle lights :) Next up, footwell lights...

Honda Civic 10th gen Side mirror puddle lights IMG_20160919_200722
Honda Civic 10th gen Side mirror puddle lights IMG_20160919_200746

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i saw this a long time ago, but i remember one of the members here has a puddle light that projects the honda H logo on the ground when the doors are open. i thought that was pretty cool idea for a car show :thumbsup: