Side Comparison: Hatch, Sedan, & Coupe

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After seeing the new side shot of the Civic Hatchback in that lovely pearl white, I noticed some small differences which led me to looking for a lot more things that were different. This is no scientific comparison with to the mm measurements but it is a great visual for those looking to have an idea of the actual length differences...

What I've noticed is the Hatchback is much closer in length to the Coupe and not the Sedan. What do you all see here?

Hatch vs Sedan:

Honda Civic 10th gen Side Comparison: Hatch, Sedan, & Coupe civic_side_sedan_compariso

Hatch vs Coupe:

Honda Civic 10th gen Side Comparison: Hatch, Sedan, & Coupe civic_side_coupe_compariso

This was posted further down in this thread and I had to bring it to the front!

Made these a while ago.. All from the patent drawings. They should give a good idea of the size differences.

Honda Civic 10th gen Side Comparison: Hatch, Sedan, & Coupe a6IrG

Honda Civic 10th gen Side Comparison: Hatch, Sedan, & Coupe uzAy1MD

Honda Civic 10th gen Side Comparison: Hatch, Sedan, & Coupe RFbFY8Z

Last edited:

DarkTimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Civic Hatch MT
Nicely done.

It is hard to do a compassion if the photos are taken at different distances, however, all the photos appear to be scaled the same.

I am replacing my '98 Civic Hatchback. Since I have my '02 Highlander for camping, I did not want a "big" car for in town driving and non-camping road trips.

I hope the hatchback is at least shorter in length than the sedan which has been the case in the past for sedan vs hatch.

johnyeah183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L with HS; 2006 SAAB 9-3 V6 Aero
Vehicle Showcase
looks like the hatch's rear bumper wont fit onto the sedan. so no center exhaust for our sedan owners then?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looks like the hatch's rear bumper wont fit onto the sedan. so no center exhaust for our sedan owners then?
well the SI is coming in a sedan, so all hope is not lost for center exhaust if that is what your looking for

johnyeah183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why in the world would you want that bumper with the big goofy accents on your Sedan? :p
ur right. style wise not a huge fan of the hatch's bumper but I just want some OEM stuff that will give room(cut) for exhaust. I really dont like having custom exhaust hanging under the bumper

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
ur right. style wise not a huge fan of the hatch's bumper but I just want some OEM stuff that will give room(cut) for exhaust. I really dont like having custom exhaust hanging under the bumper
If you are good with a hole saw, or have a buddy who is, you can make some cut-outs on the black middle piece. Wouldn't be too hard.

johnyeah183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you are good with a hole saw, or have a buddy who is, you can make some cut-outs on the black middle piece. Wouldn't be too hard.
My company sells hole saw but very unfortunately I cant do it nor do my friends sigh. I think somewhere in the future some legit exhaust company will come out a exhaust + bumper diffuser kit for us (not the chinese ones on ebay)

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
(not the chinese ones on ebay)
You could use one of the eBay ones until a better one comes out. Although, they don't look too bad anyway. I remember seeing a car on here with one. Wasn't too bad. I think it was a black Sedan.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hatch looks great from the side and from the front, but the bifurcated bunghole at the center in the back is just too anatomically correct for me.
Sponsored