das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
No they do not. They are adapter style, so you bolt them to your hub and wheel to the spacer.
hmmm.... not as strong. no thanks.
Plus this is a great way to exacerbate torque steer, but that's really due the concept of spacers in the first place
Sponsored

GarageLine.com

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.garageline.com
Vehicle(s)
Golf R, 17 si, 15 M3
Country flag
I'm a bit new to the spacer game so I have a few questions. Maybe Garageline can jump in.

1.) Are the application for the Civic Si hub centric?

2.) How safe are spacers really for spirited driving? Does it change the geometry of the suspension and will it affect the ability for the car to be lowered and aligned correctly?

3. On a monderate drop such as the eibach kit currently out for the Si, will use of your 15 or 20mm spacer be cause for rubbing and scrubbing?

Thanks in advance for answering.
Yes all of our spacers are Hubcentric. We use them on the track and so do our customers, it literally would make no sense selling them if they weren't capable of being used in performance driving environments. There is a slight change in scrub radius but no different if you were to go with a wider wheel with lower offset. On the Si I recommend 20mm front and 20mm rear or 25mm if you don't want to stagger, we have not had any rubbing with lower springs. I think if you switch to coilovers depending on your camber setting it could become an issue.

Jermaine

edited: typo on size

Last edited:

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yes all of our spacers are Hubcentric. We use them on the track and so do our customers, it literally would make no sense selling them if they weren't capable of being used in performance driving environments. There is a slight change in scrub radius but no different if you were to go with a wider wheel with lower offset. On the Si I recommend 20mm front and 25mm rear or 25mm if you don't want to stagger, we have not had any rubbing with lower springs. I think if you switch to coilovers depending on your camber setting it could become an issue.

Jermaine
Thanks for responding Jermaine. I've gotta say I've been following a lot of your post and the information is always consistent and knowledgeable.

I do have one question... if I did not want to go staggered, wouldn't I just use the same sized spacer? I'm unclear about the 20mm + 25mm application.

GarageLine.com

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.garageline.com
Vehicle(s)
Golf R, 17 si, 15 M3
Country flag
Thanks for responding Jermaine. I've gotta say I've been following a lot of your post and the information is always consistent and knowledgeable.

I do have one question... if I did not want to go staggered, wouldn't I just use the same sized spacer? I'm unclear about the 20mm + 25mm application.
Typo. It should be

20mm Front and 20mm Rear for a non staggered.

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
hmmm.... not as strong. no thanks.
Plus this is a great way to exacerbate torque steer, but that's really due the concept of spacers in the first place
I'm new to spacers. May I ask what you are basing your opinion on?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm new to spacers. May I ask what you are basing your opinion on?
You're applying extra moment torques to the wheel bearing that it's not designed to handle. It is hard to quantify though how robust the bearings are and can handle the suspension forces acting on the tire and input to the wheel by moving that load 20mm outboard. It may not be bad, but it's hard to say off hand.

When I was on a Grand-Am team running Civics, the rear hubs/bearings were a 2-race MAX replacement item, and that was without wheel spacers. Fronts could do more

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Would a squared 25mm setup have any rubbing issues up front? And would you do a combo deal on 25mm all around?

AbpSi814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fk8
Country flag
Yes all of our spacers are Hubcentric. We use them on the track and so do our customers, it literally would make no sense selling them if they weren't capable of being used in performance driving environments. There is a slight change in scrub radius but no different if you were to go with a wider wheel with lower offset. On the Si I recommend 20mm front and 20mm rear or 25mm if you don't want to stagger, we have not had any rubbing with lower springs. I think if you switch to coilovers depending on your camber setting it could become an issue.

Jermaine

edited: typo on size[/QUOTE]

I do have the garageline spacers with a pro kit drop. It does rub the front fender and occasionally on the rears. It looks great but I prefer not to have the annoying scraping sounds.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si wheel spacers 85C2B199-AA54-4E5A-B32D-316585369E8A

Honda Civic 10th gen Si wheel spacers 11874C9A-C940-41B3-9252-11C9F21505C7

AbpSi814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fk8
Country flag

Jermaine

edited: typo on size
I do have the garageline spacers with a pro kit drop. It does rub the front fender and occasionally on the rears. It looks great but I prefer not to have the annoying scraping sounds.

85C2B199-AA54-4E5A-B32D-316585369E8A.jpeg

11874C9A-C940-41B3-9252-11C9F21505C7.jpeg
[/QUOTE]
Eibach pro kit as mentioned above. 20mm

Chicago425

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just installed 20mm F and 20mm R spacers on my ‘17 Touring sedan and the TPMS has flashed twice now. I’ve calibrated the TPMS each time, but it usually flashes after about 10 miles. All tires are at 32psi. Anyone else have this problem and came up with a solution? Thanks!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mmm I just want some 10mm for like 80bucks

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
20mm with the stock rims?
best setup is 20mm front // 25mm rear. i have it setup that way with garageline spacers. no issues whatsoever. nice stance. of course on stock si wheels.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
best setup is 20mm front // 25mm rear. i have it setup that way with garageline spacers. no issues whatsoever. nice stance. of course on stock si wheels.
I have the same set up (20/25) on stock wheels and on a good bump, the fronts rub. The roads here suck though so YMMV.
Sponsored