Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
It's significantly cheaper than a CTR would cost in Japan (48K-ish).

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So how the hell does Toyota keep the 86 down on power and never give people the turbo variant it's been begging for... keep the Celica dead... bring back a seemingly decent Supra, despite the "it's a BMW" backlash, but then decide to make possibly the lamest car in the lineup not-lame?

I mean... I think it's intriguing... but who asked for this? I guess the Japanese market... (shrug).

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm more impressed in it's displacement vs power

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda needs to make a Fit Type R to compete with this angry 'lil hatch. That would be epic.

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
So how the hell does Toyota keep the 86 down on power and never give people the turbo variant it's been begging for... keep the Celica dead... bring back a seemingly decent Supra, despite the "it's a BMW" backlash, but then decide to make possibly the lamest car in the lineup not-lame?

I mean... I think it's intriguing... but who asked for this? I guess the Japanese market... (shrug).
I am often puzzled by their sports car ventures as well. Its like that every time they want to make a sports car, they have another company design or take a big part in the engine design. The 86's venture is one of the oddest, does Toyota ISO a reliable high revving NA motor go to Honda? Nope, they go to Subaru, famous for lower revving turbos and head gasket issues. I'm certain had they gone with a Honda K24Z3 or similar instead, the story line of the 86 would have been exponentially more interesting and it's resale value wouldn't have tanked so harshly.

forum_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 fz-07
Country flag

this is essentially a homologation version of their legendary rally race car... it will probably be produced in small numbers

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pointless to compare. Who the hell would pay for an overpowered go cart. Idiots with money to burn?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd get a CTR over this. More practical, better looking (this is subjective but I assume I'm in the majority), 4 doors, more power, etc. And it's all in the same price category. Also, anybody else think the weight seems kind of high still for a 3 door? I'm kind of oblivious with that stuff but that seems high.

Power is impressive for a Yaris. I'll give it that, and its displacement is amazing, and getting that much power out of a 3 cylinder, good for them.
But there are far better options....like a CTR ;)

I know this will never make it to our market but if it ever did, I doubt they would sell many, if at all.

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the car is AWD from what I understand, would probably explain why it's so heavy

StewartK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic LX, 2016 Mini Cooper
Country flag
And of course it's only being sold in Asia and Europe, as is tradition...*sigh*. But it's awesome that Toyota is actually making a car like this, especially with 4WD.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Now do it on the Corolla and we got a deal.
Sponsored