Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
Think about this honda is smart a non si is just as dangerous as a si they have the same block the cvt is holding its own making 300+ at the end of the day we all own hondas no matter what model u have i trully think the 2.0 non turbo is dangerous as well but no one will notice it until some one builds it
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Think about this honda is smart a non si is just as dangerous as a si they have the same block the cvt is holding its own making 300+ at the end of the day we all own hondas no matter what model u have i trully think the 2.0 non turbo is dangerous as well but no one will notice it until some one builds it
Si comes stock with stronger internals.and a more.efficent.turbine than the non si.

CVT has no potential. It's stuck at 250wtq

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
250 u say

Screenshot_20190522-224134_GroupMe.jpg
I mean I'm still not that impressed...still a CVT at the end of the day.

For modding purposes on the X gen an Si/Type R would be on my list...not the CVT platform

Would of just spent that money on the W1 turbo to upgrade to an Si instead.

But I can see why some.people.might be limited.to.a CVT because of lifestyle.

More.power to the CVT owners :headbang:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean I'm still not that impressed...still a CVT at the end of the day.

For modding purposes on the X gen an Si/Type R would be on my list...not the CVT platform

Would of just spent that money on the W1 turbo to upgrade to an Si instead.

But I can see why some.people.might be limited.to.a CVT because of lifestyle.

More.power to the CVT owners :headbang:

Nope! Not limited to a CVT because of 'lifestyle'. I like my CVT because I enjoy driving it. It 'performs' very well. It's PERFECT for performance in my mind, up to a limit of course. I never once complained about my Honda Fit CVT despite being dogged for trying to make it 'perform' in the beginning. All I heard was silence from the manual trannied supercharged/turbocharged Fits once it ran better times than theirs with just an intake and exhaust.. And I LOVE their Fits and the mods they did. Same for this car. It's all friendly competition. I LOVE this stuff.

I would like to get to where PRL has on their stock turbo'd Si, on street tires. My 60ft time will need work and I'd also need a bit more power (No E85 here). This upgraded turbo is the ticket on the topend but still trying to get everything out of this stock turbo setup. So, the saga continues. Patiently waiting for certain conditions at the track so I can run the numbers. Either way, it's all good fun. I'm learning a lot. But I won't be one of those guys that say I purchased a CVT to drive around town or because my knees are bad, etc, etc.

I'd still like to get a video race with a Type R or Si at one of my local tracks. It would be a nice grudge match. On street tires of course. :thumbsup:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si comes stock with stronger internals.and a more.efficent.turbine than the non si.

CVT has no potential. It's stuck at 250wtq
It has potential, it is just not being realized because no vendor is modifying the CVT belts for more power or the CVT ECU to utilize the peak horsepower when it moves after modifications. Potential it definitely has though. For now, manual trannied Si's can simply upgrade their clutch and BOOM, they are good to use more horsepower/torque. With that said, it's better to go with an Si to utilize the engine's full power potential because you can upgrade your clutch. Much respect to them (And Type R's).

And yep, stronger internals and more efficient turbine is definitely a win.

Rothmannnn

First Name
Rothmann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t cvt
Country flag
Hi.. sorry to interrupt.. just a question. Is there any right hand drive si in the world. Currently i live in south east asian. Unfortunately, only 1.5cvt available. Not even any civic manual transmission. I am looking forward to import any rhd si from other country if available.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I have owned a 2016 ext sedan and currently own a 2018 coupe. My differentiators,

In my ext when on a roundabout, the tires would squeal and I would fight the car for grip at 28 mph.

In my SI when on a roundabout, the tires do not squeal until I hit like 48 mph and the car has enough grip to do it easily till I am dizzy ha.

In my ext I drove it everywhere and it was my favorite car ever.

In my SI I drive it everywhere and people take pictures and give me thumbs up and stop me to talk about it and it is now my most favorite car ever.

Anyways. The grip and suspension is insanely better on every level. The pull in normal driving situations is so much better. If you need to go from 60 to 90 quickly or from 90 to 60 instantly it's much much better than the ext.

I loved my ext, but I fuckin adore my SI lol. It has improved my two hours a day driving into a stress reliever rather than stress causing experience.

Only drawback is the cloth seats. I really miss my leather setup in my sedan. Stitching and highlights feel a little teenageish for my tastes. They are apparently made out of really fine sandpaper, keeping clean sucks if you have dry skin.

Even with kids the backseat is basically same size as sedan, just has less headroom is all. Trunk can still hold the teams baseball gear. Miss having a spare though.

To me no brainer. Gotta go SI, the price differential is so low between other trim models, it's awesome as hell and still an amazing financial decision (well as much as it can be), so much bang for buck.
Great write up bro!

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi.. sorry to interrupt.. just a question. Is there any right hand drive si in the world. Currently i live in south east asian. Unfortunately, only 1.5cvt available. Not even any civic manual transmission. I am looking forward to import any rhd si from other country if available.
It’s a North America only trim.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Can anyone comment on the comfort of Si vs say, a Sport? While I find my Sport comfortable enough, i noticed when riding as a passenger it's pretty uncomfortable, a combination of jarring ride and kind of darty feel. I know it's a $20k car so can't expect too much.

Just curious if the Si's adjustable suspension or seats makes it any more comfortable?

I test drove a Jetta GLI thinking it would be a nice upgrade in comfort and performance, but didn't love the car - it feels bigger and less connected than my Sport, and the seats aren't as comfortable as the GTI. The ride is certainly better, but the car didn't gel for me. I think adding all the GTI parts to a cheap Jetta platform didn't quite work, though it's a killer deal price-wise.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
At the end of the day, we all have a honda fit engine with turbo lol
Compression ratios
2019 Fit 1.5 11.5
2019 Civic non-Si 1.5t 10.6
2019 Civic Si 1.5t 10.3
Sponsored