Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

If this had been available, I might have had a tougher decision at purchase time...

Maybe...

Probably not...
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
There are a lot of good competitors for the SI now but I feel like they still fall a tiny bit short.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
There are a lot of good competitors for the SI now but I feel like they still fall a tiny bit short.
I'd say the Elantra Sport is closer performance wise to the Si than this GT N-line and I decided against that due to the lack of a LSD and the general overall less sporty feel of it as indicated in reviews.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
I'd choose the SI. Side note - These guys have a great youtube channel. I subscribed.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I feel like the Si is the winner here. It's tried and true. If Hyundai would bring the I30N to North America then we'd be talking :)

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I feel like the Si is the winner here. It's tried and true. If Hyundai would bring the I30N to North America then we'd be talking :)
If the i30N were available here I likely would have bought that instead of my Si, if nothing else due to it being a hatchback. I do love my Si though!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know multiple people that have had Hyundai's and they were nothing but problems. I would go with almost any other platform over a Hyundai.
I never had a single problem with my Hyundai or Kia products. And I'd say that 95% of my http://www.elantraclub.com members were happy with their cars.

Their are many brands I wouldn't buy but Hyundai and Kia are on my good list.

As far as the i30N (euro version), it's an amazing car and anything but ugly

Honda Civic 10th gen Si vs Elantra N Line 2018-Hyundai-i30N-Car-Review-6

https://www.drivelife.co.nz/2019/01/2018-hyundai-i30n-car-review-firecracker/

But here's the car I wish Kia would have brought to the States:

Honda Civic 10th gen Si vs Elantra N Line Kia-Proceed-GT-axed-cover

Last edited:

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I never had a single problem with my Hyundai or Kia products. And I'd say that 95% of my http://www.elantraclub.com members were happy with their cars.

Their are many brands I wouldn't buy but Hyundai and Kia are on my good list.
That's awesome man but I just fail to believe that they were lemons given the amount of people I personally knew that had them. One was an Elantra the other two were Sonata's and then another with the first generation veloster turbo model. One of my friends was also a mechanic at Hyundai and he would tell me the amount of problems the brand overall had was insane so idk but glad you and the folks over at elantraclub did not encounter issues.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome man but I just fail to believe that they were lemons given the amount of people I personally knew that had them. One was an Elantra the other two were Sonata's and then another with the first generation veloster turbo model. One of my friends was also a mechanic at Hyundai and he would tell me the amount of problems the brand overall had was insane so idk but glad you and the folks over at elantraclub did not encounter issues.
Alex, first off, I love my Honda. But, look around CivicX. A fair amount of posts are about problems. It's not that the Civic isn't a fine car but every car brand has issues from time to time.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Alex, first off, I love my Honda. But, look around CivicX. A fair amount of posts are about problems. It's not that the Civic isn't a fine car but every car brand has issues from time to time.
Your right, I agree trust me I am not Honda fan boy, I like them but I am not the biased Honda fan boy type. I Have actually been wondering if Honda has become less reliable with the issues I have been seeing on the forums / FB groups compared to older Honda's or, is it just part of being on a forum and hearing the issues more often vs not being on a forum and not hearing about it much? I will admit this is only the second car forum I have been a part of so maybe its that I am not used to it. For comparison I have always been fascinated with the STI but always stayed away because the ringland failure horror stories but let me tell you I have scouted there forums and while I did see some of those issues (they have a thread dedicated too it) they also have threads full of people with no issues and FBO even on flex fuel and with decent miles with those mods, so what I am trying to get at and I admitting to being a part of this group of people that judge a platform off of he say she say but we are to quick to blame a platform and not driving habits and multiple other user errors. The only issues I have encountered with my Si is my subs blew and my car is just under a year old I am going to take it in soon and the other is I am getting this grey shade on my armrest area of the driver side door that no matter how many times I wash it off it comes back. The oil dilution issue sucks for those it affects but I havent had it im guessing its only colder climates and I am in Florida.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
IMO, the Si is going to win these - repeatedly- for a few reasons:
- Extremely solid platform, the various Civic models have proven it's a good car to drive no matter how it's optioned out
- Extraordinary driving position
-Handling performance AND feel exceeds competitors
-The Si is not only fun to drive fast, but also fun to drive slow

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I would buy the Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE M6 over the Hyundai Elantra GT N-line even through the Corolla has about 30hp less.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hyundai/Kia still experiencing growing pains via public perception. I remember when Kia were dogs (just like Honda when they started selling in the States). But they've come a looong way. Hyundai/Kia are legit. Look at their offerings: Genesis, Stinger, Veloster, etc. All makes have their share of issues (even Honda) but I won't dismiss Korean makes anymore. I even considered the Elantra GT, Veloster and Kona models but eventually stayed with Honda and got my '19 EX hatch. One reason: the Korean cars were more expensive! Go figure.
Sponsored