OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
I'm going to be honest I wasn't planning on installing the 27won turbo tell spring. Yeah I'm that big of a wuss about the cold lmao. I got lucky though, my friend who is a mechanic knew he was going to have a really slow day and his boss was out of town so he told me I could do it at his work. Heated garage, real name brand tools and someone who does this for a living to help me...I told him hell yeah!

- The 27won turbo was installed.
- I wrapped the PRL downpipe, PLM frontpipe and reinstalled them.
- I swapped PRL street maf for the race maf
- I started tuning with Derek Robinson and I'm currently on the 3rd revision

I plan on doing another dyno run when my custom tune is done. I hope it wont be disappointing, I asked Derek to limit the low end torque a little bit.

Sorry I didn't get more pics of installing the turbo...
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20181130_085601
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20181204_201438

Last edited:

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
May I ask why you chose not to wrap the flex joint? Experience tells me that’s where most of the heat is lost and the wrap should just flex with it regardless. Just curious.

OP
OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wasn't sure how the wrap would hold up on the flex joint and I don't have room for it with the crap fitment of that front pipe.
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20181016_132531
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20181016_133536

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed a PTP turbo blanket. I knew I would regret not installing the blanket when I put the turbo on but it was still shipping when I had the opportunity to use my friend's shop. I have also been doing a visual inspection of the turbo every week to make sure nothing is leaking and the blanket would have made that impossible.

So I did end up cussing a little bit when I took that plastic turbo inlet pipe off for the 2nd time lol (The 3 bolts and one nut that hold that thing on are such a pain in the ass).

I decided to put the factory heat shield back on. You don't have to, it seemed to fit fine and I was surprised at the quality of it so I put it back on. Its only held on by the two top bolts on the turbo but it doesn't move so I think it will be fine.
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20190103_183635
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20190103_185026
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20190103_185034

I decided I liked the sound of the exhaust better with the middle exhaust pipe open. So I had a pipe welded in to make the 3rd exhaust tip functional.

I am really happy with how it sounds at the moment. I'm also happy about the middle exhaust tip being functional. It really bugged me that the middle exhaust tip was just for looks. I have been asked several times "what does the middle tip do?" and it just feels so lame telling them its just for looks.
Honda Civic 10th gen SI transmission in a Sport hatch project 20190103_195439

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
R&T interviewed one of Honda's product planners on the three-pronged exhaust. While it's true it does little to nothing to enhance performance... it does influence resonate frequencies at both low and high speeds. And it becomes much more noticeable as the miles accumulate.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-2017-honda-civic-type-r-has-three-tailpipes/

We were discussing this at a recent So Cal meet where two owners noted the distinct difference in exhaust tone between their stock CTRs. Both 17s, but one had 23K; the other just under 3K. Same tone, just louder. It was so noticeable that random folks were asking him if he had modded the resonators lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Omg Im glad to find this thread! I would like to go this route

OP
OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Waiting on a good clutch now thanks again @Shadowfighter for the right up making this possible

48241B1D-DB3C-4EF3-B084-9585BD85384A.jpeg
That's awesome. The LSD is my favorite mod that I have done to my car. The one wheel peel fest was really lame and turning under hard throttle with the lsd is a night and day difference in my opinion.

If I were you I would stay away from the fx350 with the stock flywheel. That's what I'm running and it started slipping at 30000 miles. I have around 33000 on it now and it's slipping so bad that I quit running e85 and set boost by gear to 10psi in 4th, 5th and 6th just to get it to stop slipping.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Sorry if I missed something, but did you have to swap the transmission module/ecu in order for the ECU to know you have a manual in place here?

OP
OP
Shadowfighter

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry if I missed something, but did you have to swap the transmission module/ecu in order for the ECU to know you have a manual in place here?
No. My civic was a manual to begin with.
Sponsored