Si Guy

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
After waiting and searching then waiting for some one to make a hitch for the si I went and got the one for the normal civic. After a little nip and tuck I think it looks pretty good.
Honda Civic 10th gen Si trailer hitch IMG_1168
Sponsored

NHWhite2019SI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan, 1997 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Rent a truck from Home Depot. It’s $20 (at least in NH) for 90 minutes. Trust me I know your pain but would never think of using any four cylinder to tow anything. Especially how weak the clutches are in this vehicle.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lots of folks do want them for the bike racks that go in them. I think it's be better to reroute the exhaust to the sides for aesthetics... but that's just my opinion.

(shrug) it's your car. A disclaimer... insurance may drop you if you were to get in an accident if you were towing with a vehicle not rated to tow. Sure... it has the power and the CRV with a similar engine but with a CVT is rated to tow 1500 lbs, but there's nothing in the book about us towing with a Civic as I recall seeing when this came up in an earlier thread.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
After waiting and searching then waiting for some one to make a hitch for the si I went and got the one for the normal civic. After a little nip and tuck I think it looks pretty good.
IMG_1168.jpg
I use to tow my superjet with my 6MT accord sport. Never had an indication of clutch slip. Then again ski and trailer probably weighed under 400lbs, light enough for me to disconnect it and pull it up the driveway into my garage. With the si’s notoriously weak clutch, i would be cautious

Honda Civic 10th gen Si trailer hitch 587E2892-DE70-414A-930B-D321DE1BA786

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Rent a truck from Home Depot. It’s $20 (at least in NH) for 90 minutes. Trust me I know your pain but would never think of using any four cylinder to tow anything. Especially how weak the clutches are in this vehicle.
Bruhhh thats what im saying! Damaging your $23k Civic Si or like the other guy said your insurance wont cover a vehicle towing when its not supposed too.. Or paying 20-40$ for a uhaul rental. I rent the Chevy Silverado uhaul from Home depot whenever needed. Would never put my Si through that.

Old George

First Name
Georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I had a hitch installed on my 8th generation SI for a bicycle rack, but not for pulling.
On the 9th, I hadn't had it done because I had to tear off part of the fairing.
On the last one, I thought I would do it , but, either you have to divert the exhaust
and lose the HDMI port ( I don't want to ) or have it installed underneath which
is not very aesthetic and also makes you lose ground clearance.
So, I fold down the backrests of the rear seats, extend an old blanket, remove the front wheel from the bike
and put it back in.
That's what it means to love your SI !

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
IMG_1168.jpg
Can you be more specific on which one you bought and how it was modified?

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
IMG_1168.jpg
This is awesome. I want to put a hitch like this for carrying bike but couldn't find anything that looks this great. A few questions though:

1. Which hitch did you go for?
2. Which mods did you have to make? I assume this is minimal?
3. Would the hot exhaust blow right into whatever the hitch carry? This is my main concern. Somehow I think the the exhaust needs to be re-directed.

Thanks a bunch, you rock.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is awesome. I want to put a hitch like this for carrying bike but couldn't find anything that looks this great. A few questions though:

1. Which hitch did you go for?
2. Which mods did you have to make? I assume this is minimal?
3. Would the hot exhaust blow right into whatever the hitch carry? This is my main concern. Somehow I think the the exhaust needs to be re-directed.

Thanks a bunch, you rock.
I don't see the exhaust gases causing any damage, other than a bit of soot.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I bought a brand new 2001 rsx type s and towed a Kawasaki Ultra 150 jetski for 5 years with no problem whatsoever. The Si has alot more torque at a lot lower rpm.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hot exhaust blows directly into the bike being mounted. Is it a concern?
I would expect the bike to be much higher than the exhaust tip.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Nice GenX of Communism, i see. Deleted my comment and another dudes comment on Hipsters and their need for tow hitch on a vehicle that shouldnt have one. Gotta love 21st century communism at its finest. Telling you what you can say and not say eh then protecting the weaks feelings from getting hurt.

NHWhite2019SI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan, 1997 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Nice GenX of Communism, i see. Deleted my comment and another dudes comment on Hipsters and their need for tow hitch on a vehicle that shouldnt have one. Gotta love 21st century communism at its finest. Telling you what you can say and not say eh then protecting the weaks feelings from getting hurt.
Dude, don’t bother. They will never realize the truth in your statements. Remember George Orwell’s “Animal Farm”. “All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others”.
Sponsored