Si too quiet. Now what?

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
How do i get this closer to a wrx 2.0 exhaust note? Exhaust tip is nice but its looks and sound do not match well.

I hear downpipe and other fast flow cats i need explanation. And who makes them currently for Si Thx
Sponsored

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
lol, if you want the boxer rumble you're gonna have to rearrange your cylinder banks. Inline 4's will always sound like shit.

downpipes and cats are nice and all, but if you really just want loud, you're looking at a catback with some deletes along the way.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
When I first bought my Si a month and half ago, I was trying to hear the exhaust and couldn't. As the days went by and I continued using it as a daily driver, I stopped trying to hear the exhaust and that's when I heard it. When I'm aiming for a quiet, peaceful, relaxed commute to work in the mornings, that's when the exhaust sound becomes unmistakable. I won't say "intrusive", but I can definitely hear it. The first morning I headed to work after buying it, I heard this sound and was like, "Oh? OH? What's THAT? Is that the EXHAUST I hear? Well, well. You DO make a little noise after all, don't you?" :)

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it will never sound like a WRX (bummer, great sound too) but putting some bigger piping throughout the exhaust system will help (should lower the note some too)

if its still to quiet aim for glass packs!

Last edited:

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Magnaflow is developing one for the SI now. There should be a bunch of offerings coming soon.

OP
OP
Rikdrt1

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol, if you want the boxer rumble you're gonna have to rearrange your cylinder banks. Inline 4's will always sound like shit.

downpipes and cats are nice and all, but if you really just want loud, you're looking at a catback with some deletes along the way.
Yea, on scale from 1-10, i think stock its about a 2.
I dont want it silly loud juust trying to get to maybe a 4-5

I only found invidia so far, is this too new? Nobody else makes one yet?
This is for the 2017....which i am looking for

Mattice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Si
Yea, on scale from 1-10, i think stock its about a 2.
I dont want it silly loud juust trying to get to maybe a 4-5

I only found invidia so far, is this too new? Nobody else makes one yet?
This is for the 2017....which i am looking for
Invidia usually makes great exhausts for the Civics. But I would wait another few weeks. We'll probably get more options from Greddy, Skunk2, Apexi and Invidia might even update their design. But there's just not much of a selection yet

skycrapper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si
Invidia usually makes great exhausts for the Civics. But I would wait another few weeks. We'll probably get more options from Greddy, Skunk2, Apexi and Invidia might even update their design. But there's just not much of a selection yet
Turbo rides tend to be quieter than all motor. I'm sure a decent exhaust will enhance the sound tho. From having the HKS Hi Power, tanabe and greedy exhausts with vtec.. I personally don't even want a loud car anymore. It use to sound like I was racing along side soccer moms on my morning commute to work lol

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I really want invidia to make a q300 catback for the Hatchback Sport and Si trim. Always been my favorite. Not ricer loud and not to quiet, it's perfect.

Mattice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo rides tend to be quieter than all motor. I'm sure a decent exhaust will enhance the sound tho. From having the HKS Hi Power, tanabe and greedy exhausts with vtec.. I personally don't even want a loud car anymore. It use to sound like I was racing along side soccer moms on my morning commute to work lol
I remember the Skunk2 Megapower I had on my 8th gen SI. Figured I would take the tail pipe silencer out and make a little more noise, WORST IDEA ever. You could hear it a mile away. But I agree with you, I'd like a little more aggressive sound but not necessarily the VRRROOOOOOM VTEC of the old days!

OP
OP
Rikdrt1

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just installed the invidia front pipe for the 2017 Si.

Very modest increase in sound, there is a new sound in low and hi rpms
Manufacturer says maybe up to 6hp, maybe.... its a very small change but now it does not sound like a normal civic driving by.

I guess the front pipe is right past the downpipe and it went from 2.5" to almost 3"

There is a downpipe with a free flowing cat that adds another 15hp they claim
I bet with that both sound and performance would be more noticable

Mattice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Manufacturer says maybe up to 6hp, maybe.... its a very small change but now it does not sound like a normal civic driving by.

I guess the front pipe is right past the downpipe and it went from 2.5" to almost 3"

Awesome man, if you can post a video. Would like to hear how this sounds. But usually the catless exhaust from Invidia sounds great so I'm hoping for that!

joeblas

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Any way you could a vid up with sound?? I’ve been considering a down pipe. What I want is to just hear some spooling action. Aiming for somewhat of the SRT4 sound.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a glass pack and a thrusher muffle from Advance Auto years ago for my EJ8. Took that to Midas and told them replace from the cat back. They custom fit the tubing, welded it, etc. All in I think about $170 for glass back, muffler, and parts/labor from Midas.

It sounded good! Nice deep sound not some obnoxious scream..
Sponsored