Si sway bar on FK7

• Thread starter Deleted member 24192
  • Start date
  • Watchers 12

Deleted member 24192

I posted about the CTR to FK7 sway bar fitment a few weeks ago and got confirmation that the Type R's bar will fit my Sport hatch. But I've decided that the jump from 16.5mm to 20mm thickness (or close to those numbers) might be too much. If the Si's bar fits my car, I might go that route. Anyone know if they are compatible?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely will work. I bought one for my car but haven't installed it yet.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24192

Definitely will work. I bought one for my car but haven't installed it yet.
Thanks for you input gtman. Do you have a Sport hatch as well? I only see an EX-L in your profile.

Do you also think the jump from the Sport hatch bar to the Si is significant enough? If memory serves me right, the thickness of the sway bars are 16.5mm (Sport hatchback), 18mm (Si), and 20mm (Type R). Most aftermarket bars I've looked at except for Progress are over 20mm. What I'm looking for is a "significant" improvement on the car's tendency to roll on fast turns (like on sweeping freeway interchanges, not 90 degree street turns). I am not planning on lowering the car either, at least not in the immediate future. However, I will be replacing the tires with sticker summer ones when it's time.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The sway bars are interchangeable between sedan, coupe and hatch. A 1.5 mm upgrade won't be a mind blowing difference but the Si bar is still about 40% stiffer than the one on your Sport hatch.

My suspension upgrades have all be purchased. So far I've only installed the UR front strut bar though. I'll be swapping to the Si rear sway, adding a UR lower rear brace and I bought Nokian zLine A/S UHP tires. I'm not lowering either but when all is said and done (combined with my Ktuner tune) I should have a nice little sports sedan feel. More power than a stock Si and comparable handling minus the (LSD).

Pantera6669

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe EX-T
Do I need to get any other parts to fit the Si say bar to my EX-T coupe? Or is it just a direct fit and I reuse all the stock hardware?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Direct fit. Reuse everything but the bar itself. Technically you should get new nuts for the endlinks but you can reuse those. And tighten the endlinks to the bar BEFORE installing the bar on the car.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24192

The sway bars are interchangeable between sedan, coupe and hatch. A 1.5 mm upgrade won't be a mind blowing difference but the Si bar is still about 40% stiffer than the one on your Sport hatch.
40% sounds like a noticeable difference. Would you happen to know the percentage of the CTR bar?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
40% sounds like a noticeable difference. Would you happen to know the percentage of the CTR bar?
My guess is twice as stiff as a 16.5 mm bar. I have a basic sway bar stiffness comparison chart on my computer I'll upload into this thread soon.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this chart will be useful:

Attachments

saiyajin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Lexus IS250 AWD
Country flag
What's your impression on the handling after the install?
Handling is great, for the money probably the best purchase right now and keeps it OEM. I also installed the SI springs and they compliment each other well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to see someone doing a type R rsb upgrade! Ive had it for over a year on my hatch and its one of best mod for the price
Sponsored