First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPDATE: ended up going with K-tuned springs. They give me a fairly mild drop and mild increase in spring rates. I felt they were a good compromise of what i wanted out of the pro-kits (lower in the rear) and swift springs(spring rates) combined. Now the .9 lower in the front and 1" in the back isn't as low as pro kit and the 17% stiffer isn't as stiff as swift, but a great balance :)
The car feels a bit firmer less body roll etc like any set of springs, and i really like keeping the balance of the car and maintaining the driving dynamics honda intended. Ive had Truhart springs/shock/strut on my 8th gen. Enjoyed being low but that wasn't my intentions this time around.

also added a 3m injected motor mount while i had everything apart, i injected one from ebay prior to the install. Combined both mods really help the car. shifting feels much better and only notice NVH at a stop light with AC on. very happy and kept it very DD friendly.

Next up: keeping an eye out for TL-S brembos for a DIY BBK, no timeline no real need but if i find a set cheap its happening and a rear sway bar will probably round it out.

and final edit:
I didnt see this anywhere here but it saved my ass durning the install!
Pics!! I’m thinking about getting Ktuned for same exact reasons, I can’t stand the way the rear is SO much higher, I want it a bit more level but I probably want stiffer rates than pro kit
Sponsored

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Swift design the spring to work with the damping suspension on the Si. I went swift springs cause I was looking to drop just a little and drive the hell out of the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen SI springs 20190511_143532

Deleted member 32006

Swift design the spring to work with the damping suspension on the Si. I went swift springs cause I was looking to drop just a little and drive the hell out of the car.

20190511_143532.jpg
Looking good!

What wheels are you running and setup?

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Enkie RPF01
18x9 +35
255/35/18 federal RSRR
Spc camber kits front and rear
Swift springs.
IMG_20190729_175313_268.jpg

IMG_20190820_182443_399.jpg

20190725_055730.jpg
Would the setup work without the front/rear camber kit? Wondering whether you got those because they were required given the drop, or because you were looking to run your own custom camber for track or something?

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Would the setup work without the front/rear camber kit? Wondering whether you got those because they were required given the drop, or because you were looking to run your own custom camber for track or something?
Ran a few events without them. I wanted more camber but it wasn't needed for daily driving. Did the fender tab mod though. It did rub on the on big bumps.

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
UPDATE: ended up going with K-tuned springs. They give me a fairly mild drop and mild increase in spring rates. I felt they were a good compromise of what i wanted out of the pro-kits (lower in the rear) and swift springs(spring rates) combined. Now the .9 lower in the front and 1" in the back isn't as low as pro kit and the 17% stiffer isn't as stiff as swift, but a great balance :)
The car feels a bit firmer less body roll etc like any set of springs, and i really like keeping the balance of the car and maintaining the driving dynamics honda intended. Ive had Truhart springs/shock/strut on my 8th gen. Enjoyed being low but that wasn't my intentions this time around.

also added a 3m injected motor mount while i had everything apart, i injected one from ebay prior to the install. Combined both mods really help the car. shifting feels much better and only notice NVH at a stop light with AC on. very happy and kept it very DD friendly.

Next up: keeping an eye out for TL-S brembos for a DIY BBK, no timeline no real need but if i find a set cheap its happening and a rear sway bar will probably round it out.

and final edit:
I didnt see this anywhere here but it saved my ass durning the install!
So whats your review now that you have been riding on them for a while? Any issues developed? Are the springs too stiff or soft? For DD on the worst roads how are they compared to stock? I am really interested as your were in the exact boat as me as Swift seem too much but Eibachs seem too soft on paper.

SIckone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
So whats your review now that you have been riding on them for a while? Any issues developed? Are the springs too stiff or soft? For DD on the worst roads how are they compared to stock? I am really interested as your were in the exact boat as me as Swift seem too much but Eibachs seem too soft on paper.
I am also curious on the ktuned. I have been pondering all the same springs (ktuned, eibach, Swift).

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Pro kit springs rate
Front 157lb/in .9" drop
rear 120-183 1.1" drop (progressive)

What is you camber with d2? did you need camber kit in the rear? and where do you see spring rates listed I cant find them?
THANKS!

Its not the amount of drop I wanted but in extremely intrigued by K-tuned lowering springs. note 17% higher spring rates AND it levels the suspension too. These springs seem similar to the swifts, but more mild spring rate and drop. I like the coils and coil spacing of the ktuned springs a lot! seems to offer great range of motion as the spring compresses
Front .9" lower 170lb/in
raer 1" 250lb/in
I spoke to Kevin one of the Eibach reps today just to get clarification on the Pro Kit springs rates because i couldnt believe they would make them softer than stock. The rates for the SI are actually Front progressive 137-177lb/in and Rear progressive 83-256lb/in. Just so everyone like me trying to choose has the best information available.

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I decided to create a lowering spring master guide for the si and will be posting all the info about springs i have turned up HERE
Sponsored