Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si-sold, 1999 crv-sold, 2014 crv, 2017 civic si
Country flag
So I want to get springs to keep the function of the dampers. I've looked around and I've found pro kit, D2, skunk2 and even sport lines are out now for the SI, as well as the drop each gives. I see the cv boot is an install error and generally speaking all of this springs will work but i was hoping for more first hand experience in ride quality changes and even if i could find spring rates for each. Id rather pick the set that work best with the dampers vs picking based on ride height
Sponsored

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
This is how I was when I was looking for springs, wanted something that worked well with the active suspension. Went with swift springs. Smooth on the day to day cruise and perform great on track. Highest price ones but a quality product with no need to cut bump stops. Nice 1.1inch drop at 4k up front and 5.7k rear.

Honda Civic 10th gen SI springs 20190427_172823

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
So I want to get springs to keep the function of the dampers. I've looked around and I've found pro kit, D2, skunk2 and even sport lines are out now for the SI, as well as the drop each gives. I see the cv boot is an install error and generally speaking all of this springs will work but i was hoping for more first hand experience in ride quality changes and even if i could find spring rates for each. Id rather pick the set that work best with the dampers vs picking based on ride height
The Sportlines specific for the SI were released? When did that happen? I have been waiting for it.

OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ha I guess they aren't put yet just seeing rumors

OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Edit.
So swift is 1.1" lower, 35% stiffer and and ktuned .9/1" lower 17% stiffer then stock. Both brands offer springs that will maintain the handling and driving dynamics of the car and improve on that.
The car will never be tracked and I'm leaning towards the DD friendly

Last edited:

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have d2's (lowest priced and lowest drop of the bunch) and the spring rate is listed as "progressive" which makes them 20% stiffer over OEM, per D2 Racing. Ride quality is still nice in and out of sport mode. Here is a photo for reference.

Honda Civic 10th gen SI springs Airport

OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have d2's (lowest priced and lowest drop of the bunch) and the spring rate is listed as "progressive" which makes them 20% stiffer over OEM, per D2 Racing. Ride quality is still nice in and out of sport mode. Here is a photo for reference.

Airport.jpg
I love the drop car looks nice. I wish I could test drive the suspension set up before buying and installation.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Airport.jpg
How do you find it as a daily? I'm between sportlines and pro kit, weighing drop vs. drivability

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@hobby-man @Donk232 Im not too sure about the rest of the brands spring designs, but the DD is probably going to be the smoothest with Eibach's and D2's. Or any other spring design that is progressive. You'd have to find out how much stiffer over stock the Eibach's are though to truly compare which one's ride quality is smoother. I've had no issues with the d2's and after i put them on, my old lady didnt notice any signficant change in ride quality. Only that she could hear slightly more road noise when the music is off, but that comes with the territory of stiffer suspension lol.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm running the D2 springs as well and after driving on them for a year, I definitely notice the difference between when I sport mode on versus off. The D2 springs definitely allow more aggressive driving on turns, especially with sport mode on, but you will also get some rub if you get aggressive with the wheel fitment as well.

OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pro kit springs rate
Front 157lb/in .9" drop
rear 120-183 1.1" drop (progressive)

What is you camber with d2? did you need camber kit in the rear? and where do you see spring rates listed I cant find them?
THANKS!

Its not the amount of drop I wanted but in extremely intrigued by K-tuned lowering springs. note 17% higher spring rates AND it levels the suspension too. These springs seem similar to the swifts, but more mild spring rate and drop. I like the coils and coil spacing of the ktuned springs a lot! seems to offer great range of motion as the spring compresses
Front .9" lower 170lb/in
raer 1" 250lb/in

Last edited:

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pro kit springs rate
Front 157lb/in .9" drop
rear 120-183 1.1" drop (progressive)

What is you camber with d2? did you need camber kit in the rear? and where do you see spring rates listed I cant find them?
After i got the alignment they gave me a sheet showing my setup and I have -1 in the front (due to the guidepin removal) and -2.5 in the rear from what i remember. Camber Kit in the rear will probably be needed if you dont want to run a aggressive setup. I plan to go 265/40's next so negative camber is needed... il just be rotating tires fairly often for longer tread life lol

EDIT: As for spring rates, from my understanding progressive springs arent measured the same as linear springs. So you wouldnt be able to get an exact rate (take this witha grain of salt lol) because linear is a constant rate of lbs per inch. where as progressive springs are softer when driving around town and stiffer when driving hard. Hence "progressive" spring rate that makes it progressively stiffer as the spring is compressed.

EDIT EDIT: After looking at both Eibach and D2's i think the Eibach pro-kit will have a softer ride due to both front and rear springs being progressive (unless they are flat out stiffer than mine) and D2's are only progressive in the rear. Sportlines look like they are setup like the D2's as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
D2 is just a little lower then i want to go. That drop makes me want more then 1.1 though. Haha

Has anyone tried rsr springs for civic (non si) but rates are very similar to stock numbers
F: 148lbs/in -1.2"
Rear: 188lbs/in -1.4"
So they are a bit stiffer in the rear then eibachs... May work??

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
D2 is just a little lower then i want to go. That drop makes me want more then 1.1 though. Haha

Has anyone tried rsr springs for civic (non si) but rates are very similar to stock numbers
F: 148lbs/in -1.2"
Rear: 188lbs/in -1.4"
So they are a bit stiffer in the rear then eibachs... May work??
Not a spring expert, but as you lower the car, and that's a pretty aggressive drop on stock shocks, you're going to want/need a stiffer spring to keep the car from bottoming out the dampers. I wouldn't put a spring designed for a different car with different suspension characteristics on your ride.

I installed the Swift Spec-Rs about a week ago. Took a couple of days to get used to, but I'm pretty happy with the ride. It isn't teeth rattling. They are dual rate. They don't call for bump stop trimming. One of the biggest differences you notice in day-to-day driving is less roll/squat on acceleration. If you are considering K-Tuned then I'd look at Swift for the same price point. Eibach will probably give you something closer to stock feel if that's what you want. I'd be hesitant, personally, to do a 1.5"+ drop without upgrading the shocks. At that point it seems like you'd be better off looking at coilovers, but a lot of people run D2s so YMMV.

OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE: ended up going with K-tuned springs. They give me a fairly mild drop and mild increase in spring rates. I felt they were a good compromise of what i wanted out of the pro-kits (lower in the rear) and swift springs(spring rates) combined. Now the .9 lower in the front and 1" in the back isn't as low as pro kit and the 17% stiffer isn't as stiff as swift, but a great balance :)
The car feels a bit firmer less body roll etc like any set of springs, and i really like keeping the balance of the car and maintaining the driving dynamics honda intended. Ive had Truhart springs/shock/strut on my 8th gen. Enjoyed being low but that wasn't my intentions this time around.

also added a 3m injected motor mount while i had everything apart, i injected one from ebay prior to the install. Combined both mods really help the car. shifting feels much better and only notice NVH at a stop light with AC on. very happy and kept it very DD friendly.

Next up: keeping an eye out for TL-S brembos for a DIY BBK, no timeline no real need but if i find a set cheap its happening and a rear sway bar will probably round it out.

and final edit:
I didnt see this anywhere here but it saved my ass durning the install!
Sponsored

Last edited: