miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
It would be nice to use them but with no ADS they cost too much, just checked the prices.
Wonder how much faster the LX shocks will wear using Si springs.
IMO they will be good as long as with the LX spring. Pretty sure that the internal are not that much different (in sens of stiffness/durability).

Even if this is not recommanded, I know many people running "agressive" springs on OEM shock for long time. One more time, this is not recommanded.
Sponsored

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Will I need to cut the bump stop with these springs for my LX?
Thanks and sorry to keep coming back to this.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is great info. Also curious if one needs to alter any bump stops when installing on a civic hatch sport. @Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is great info. Also curious if one needs to alter any bump stops when installing on a civic hatch sport. @Vincent@27WON
If just installing the springs straight over you do not need to trim the bump-stops.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Anyone put Si springs in a sedan (touring, ex-l etc) ??

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Asked this in the other thread.
Can anyone comment on how the SI springs handle compared to the ProKit?
Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If just installing the springs straight over you do not need to trim the bump-stops.
@Vincent@27WON Since you've had both on your hatch, can you comment on the rides between the SI springs vs Pro-kit?

Similar in handling performance? Just a difference in drop? One of my concerns about the SI Springs is the rear springs are ~200 lb/ft vs stock of ~160. This + a larger diameter/stiffer rear sway like the SI or CTR or even non=honda RSBs would make the rear uncomfortable for day to day use.

I mention this because in my previous car using swifts alone was perfect....then while I got a performance increase with my progress rear sway...the ride comfort suffered due to the increased stiffness with the spring/rsb combo.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON

Similar in handling performance? Just a difference in drop? One of my concerns about the SI Springs is the rear springs are ~200 lb/ft vs stock of ~160. This + a larger diameter/stiffer rear sway like the SI or CTR or even non=honda RSBs would make the rear uncomfortable for day to day use.

I mention this because in my previous car using swifts alone was perfect....then while I got a performance increase with my progress rear sway...the ride comfort suffered due to the increased stiffness with the spring/rsb combo.
This doesn’t answer your comparison question, but this is my experience. I installed a SI rear bar and SI springs on my HB Sport over the winter. I finally drove it after the winter months. To me...The ride quality feels next to unchanged. Handling, on the other hand, is much improved. This will be my summer daily.
I have a buddy that tracks his BMW I8 and has a LX hatch for a commuter. He absolutely loved the SI setup on the hatch.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This doesn’t answer your comparison question, but this is my experience. I installed a SI rear bar and SI springs on my HB Sport over the winter. I finally drove it after the winter months. To me...The ride quality feels next to unchanged. Handling, on the other hand, is much improved. This will be my summer daily.
I have a buddy that tracks his BMW I8 and has a LX hatch for a commuter. He absolutely loved the SI setup on the hatch.
@curt d Any before/after pics? Or is the drop not really noticeable? I mean it is only ~1/2"/10mm. Thanks for the input. Sounds like a good route for me to consider if swift doesn't get their act together and make a set for non-CTR or non-SI (guess I could put the SI springs when they come out).

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Does anybody have pics of the hatch with rear si springs installed? im looking to stiffen the rear springs but i am worried about having an uneven drop. Pics of Si springs on hatch front and rear would also be appreciated!

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anybody have pics of the hatch with rear si springs installed? im looking to stiffen the rear springs but i am worried about having an uneven drop. Pics of Si springs on hatch front and rear would also be appreciated!
Posted mine a while ago, not sure in wich thread.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Good to know the HB Sport can use the SI springs. One of my brother in law's has a HB Sport. He will eventually get my Hondata when I find a good deal on a used ktuner.

tomm9050

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Can you just swab the rear Springs and Sway bar from 2018 Sport Hatch to SI w/o altering the stance or ride height?
Sponsored