First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Civic owner?
Country flag
Hello all.

I dropped something on the rear bumper of my 2018 Si sedan, and ended up with a nick right at the edge where the bumper starts to go from horizontal to vertical. I looked around for a bumper guard that would hang over this edge and cover the nick, and I found this:

http://www.themotoringbusiness.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1252

I reached out to the company, and they said that although they hadn't tested it with the Si specifically, they believed it would fit. I bought one, and unfortunately, it turns out it doesnt fit. It appears that most other bumper guards do not hang over the edge of the bumper, so my next thought was the OEM bumper applique, which looks to be the perfect shape to cover the nick. Unfortunately, it is transparent, so it would still show the nick.

Does anyone know of a bumper protector that would fit the Si sedan and cover this damage, or know of an opaque bumper applique that would work? Or, for that matter, would it he possible to sand the OEM applique prior to installation to give it a more matte appearance to hide defects beneath it?

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Have you thought about getting some vinyl wrap cut and applied to that area? You should go to a tint or wrap shop and I'm sure they could come up with something for you.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
OP
OP

Naga

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Civic owner?
Country flag
Thanks for the links to the appliques. That sort of thing would work well to hide the damage, assuming they aren't transparent. Are these transparent?
Sponsored