Si Manual Adjusting Seats: Stronger Radial Spring?

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
I LOVE my new Si Coupe, but one thing that has been bugging me is the seat back radial spring; it seems really weak compared to other vehicles I have had with manual seat adjustments. I tested a few of the other Civic's on the lot with manual adjusting seats (my preference) and found they all are the same.

Has anyone modified this to a stronger radial spring for a faster/stronger push? And before anyone asks, no I haven't put on any weight recently! :p

Short video for those wondering what the heck a radial spring is (I had to look up what it was called):
Sponsored

TPA_CivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I LOVE my new Si Coupe, but one thing that has been bugging me is the seat back radial spring; it seems really weak compared to other vehicles I have had with manual seat adjustments. I tested a few of the other Civic's on the lot with manual adjusting seats (my preference) and found they all are the same.

Has anyone modified this to a stronger radial spring for a faster/stronger push? And before anyone asks, no I haven't put on any weight recently! :p

Short video for those wondering what the heck a radial spring is (I had to look up what it was called):
I'll happily admit that I'm a newbie when it comes to mod'ing a car, but I've got to say I've never heard of anyone that wanted to change the strength of the spring that moves a seat forward. What in the wide world of sports is compelling you to change this?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Usually setting the driver's seat position is a do-it-once set-it-and-forget-it ordeal. Do you share the car with other drivers that forces you to need to readjust the driver's seat frequently?

I haven't touched the seat adjustment since I got the car, although I know when I pull out the mats to clean the interior I'll have to move and readjust it. That's really only a once every 6 months+ kind of thing, though.

OP
OP
B0nez

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I figured this was going to be a strange request - I googled a bit to find out what it even was because I have never had a manual adjustment seat back with such a weak spring.

Okay I guess I am gonna have to out myself; I am a semi-old fart that gets tired fast so I end up taking a quick nap in my car during my lunch break at work on a fairly regular basis and napping is much easier when the seat is reclined.
No judgements please! :)

So any ideas?

OP
OP
B0nez

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Get a strap and loop it around the handle above the door and used it to pull yourself up :)
Ha! Looks like that might be the best / only solution available. I know, not a big deal / first world problems but I figured it was worth an ask. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored