Si Manual Adjusting Seats: Stronger Radial Spring?

1. B0nez

B0nez Senior Member

Car(s):
    '19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
    I LOVE my new Si Coupe, but one thing that has been bugging me is the seat back radial spring; it seems really weak compared to other vehicles I have had with manual seat adjustments. I tested a few of the other Civic's on the lot with manual adjusting seats (my preference) and found they all are the same.

Has anyone modified this to a stronger radial spring for a faster/stronger push? And before anyone asks, no I haven't put on any weight recently! :p

Short video for those wondering what the heck a radial spring is (I had to look up what it was called):

2. TPA_CivicSi

TPA_CivicSi Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si
    I'll happily admit that I'm a newbie when it comes to mod'ing a car, but I've got to say I've never heard of anyone that wanted to change the strength of the spring that moves a seat forward. What in the wide world of sports is compelling you to change this?

3. JT Si

JT Si Senior Member

First Name:
    JT
    Car(s):
    2018 MSM Civic Si
    Usually setting the driver's seat position is a do-it-once set-it-and-forget-it ordeal. Do you share the car with other drivers that forces you to need to readjust the driver's seat frequently?

I haven't touched the seat adjustment since I got the car, although I know when I pull out the mats to clean the interior I'll have to move and readjust it. That's really only a once every 6 months+ kind of thing, though.

4. OP
    OP
    B0nez

B0nez Senior Member

Car(s):
    Yeah I figured this was going to be a strange request - I googled a bit to find out what it even was because I have never had a manual adjustment seat back with such a weak spring.

Okay I guess I am gonna have to out myself; I am a semi-old fart that gets tired fast so I end up taking a quick nap in my car during my lunch break at work on a fairly regular basis and napping is much easier when the seat is reclined.
    No judgements please! :)

So any ideas?

5. TPA_CivicSi

TPA_CivicSi Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si
    Get a strap and loop it around the handle above the door and used it to pull yourself up :)

B0nez thanked this.
  6. OP
    OP
    B0nez

B0nez Senior Member

Car(s):
    Ha! Looks like that might be the best / only solution available. I know, not a big deal / first world problems but I figured it was worth an ask. Thanks for the input!