Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If only I had $900 to spend :cry:
It's every bit worth it, but yeah probably one of the more expensive mods you can do to the interior.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Apologies on the late response, the wheel is now up on the vendor's site http://www.handkraftd.com/index.php/models/honda.html

I want to coordinate a group buy, just waiting on a response from them if it is possible and how to do so
Aren't OEM Type R steering wheel being sold for like $250 nowadays? Assuming those are not counterfeit, wouldn't that be a more reasonable option? I must say that I like the looks of the handcrafted wheel better than that of the Type R wheel. :)

Last edited:

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aren't OEM Type R steering wheel being sold for like $250 nowadays? Assuming those are not counterfeit, wouldn't that be a more reasonable option? I must say that I like the looks of the handcrafted wheel better than that of the Type R wheel. :)
The Type R wheel is a great mod, when the first guys were getting it for $38, I would've got one to hang on the wall!

When I compared this one back to back with the OE or Type R wheel, the main difference was material quality as the leather feels nicer in the hands plus literally cooler being perforated. The rim size is also thicker and at the perfect amount in my hands. Add the Hydrocarbon finish and it looks top-shelf quality.

It's really for the enthusiast who wants to spend the extra $ for the quality. When selling the car, you recoup your money :)

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
There is no pre-cut sticker that I know of, so I bought a small roll of vinyl wrap and installed it with a heat gun, credit card and Xacto knife. With the vinyl it's important to make sure that it wraps under the trim so that it does not lift up in the future and a credit card is just thin enough to push the wrap between the cracks after it is heated with the heat gun. Ideally you would remove the trim to install but I didn't feel like taking things apart.

I used a 3M gloss vinyl wrap but for a "glossy" wrap its sort of matte and doesn't really match the carbon fiber trim perfectly. It's good enough for me though.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FOCBD4

If I ever have to redo it though I might go with VVIVID wrap since the pictures look like they might more accurately match our trim.
https://www.amazon.com/VVIVID-Epoxy-Carbon-Automotive-Interior/dp/B01B3FAYLA

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Hey how was the installation of the red trim? Is it an adhesive or how does it work?
It does not use adhesives. One end is thin, that end is inserted in the gaps and pressure is supposed to hold them in place. But some ends may not stay in place because the gap is not tight enough to hold it in place. Here's my interior. Honda Civic 10th gen Si interior “mod”thread 20180102_163435

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Coupe, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It does not use adhesives. One end is thin, that end is inserted in the gaps and pressure is supposed to hold them in place. But some ends may not stay in place because the gap is not tight enough to hold it in place. Here's my interior. 20180102_163435.jpg
How'd you deal with the ends that aren't tight enough? Also was one roll enough for you?

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
How'd you deal with the ends that aren't tight enough? Also was one roll enough for you?
Yes a single roll should be enough. Only the trim on the right end of the center vent is a little loose but not loose enough to do something about it yet. I'm thinking I could cut the thin piece off the leftover trim and wedge it on the loose end. Just thought about it now. Don't know if it'll work.

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Coupe, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The piano black panel below the shiftier was triggering my OCD so I caved and jumped on the faux carbon fiber train:

20180103_151513.jpg
20180103_151440.jpg
20180103_155717.jpg
The piano black was killing me too with all the smudge marks. I covered mine with the VVivid wrap and it's not an exact match but its close enough and it looks pretty nice.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si interior “mod”thread IMG_20180112_162847 Honda Civic 10th gen Si interior “mod”thread IMG_20180112_164718