Si interior “mod”thread

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I know this may be a cheap method, but couldn’t you guys just buy carbon fiber sticker or adhesive and cover that plastic part?
I thought of this 5 seconds before reading this comment lol. Do you have any links/recommendations?

phutons

First Name
Phu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got them from a user here, they should be :
  • 83411-TGH-A20ZB R $133.15 Armrest edge
  • 83416-TGH-A20ZA L 133.15 Armrest edge
  • 83444-TGH-A20ZA $231.43 Elbow pad

• it should be around $350. It’s a night and day difference.
Apparently you can use the same parts from the Insight, although, they are black leather and have white stitching. Last time I checked, you can get the L & R armrest edge, center elbow pad, and the driver & passenger armrests for a total of $150 (5 total parts).

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag

Spiff44

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I think I had the best interior mod at one point.. on a 1990 Integra GS (had a built B18 tho) i had a nitrous kit installed.. but along with it was a stainless steel soda tank filter conversion, a servo activated Y valve to a modified regulator, and then a line that went to my dash that ended with a balloon filler valve. Result? Breathable nitrous on tap for those occasional back lot car seat parties.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Did the trunk pull tab mod. Love it. I hate using the spoiler to close the trunk.

2AA0E7ED-DCF5-4D36-9A81-3EC07DBAAFED.jpeg

F29D6215-D6E4-415E-B18C-CD24F9C2772E.jpeg
Love my pull strap! Not sure how the plastic clip will hold up, but if it doesn't last for you, FYI, I used one of those rubber well nuts and it's been working great so far.

Blue18SI

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan, 1989 crx hf
Country flag
Love my pull strap! Not sure how the plastic clip will hold up, but if it doesn't last for you, FYI, I used one of those rubber well nuts and it's been working great so far.
If it brakes I may redesign it and use a nice rivet.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
If it brakes I may redesign it and use a nice rivet.
I wanted something that could be removed w/o too much trouble. My worry about something like a rivet would be that if you have to remove it you might end up with a piece of the rivet falling into the trunk liner, resulting in a rattle.

Blue18SI

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan, 1989 crx hf
Country flag
I wanted something that could be removed w/o too much trouble. My worry about something like a rivet would be that if you have to remove it you might end up with a piece of the rivet falling into the trunk liner, resulting in a rattle.
Very true. Idk how many times as a tech I’ve fished out things in the trunk lid of a vehicle chasing a rattle.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
man that Eric Lehr alcantara stuff looks nice... I wish he was still making/selling them. I've been thinking of wrapping all the faux carbon fiber on the interior (and a few other pieces such as the piano black trim, maybe the plastic on the steering wheel, the doors, etc) in alcantara or suede. I was gonna paint the silver trim red ALA the Type-R, but over time I'm more and more leaning towards leaving it silver, buying the stainless steel pieces from autoCOVR on Etsy, and using red suede over that carbon to make a unique, loud, and slick look.

Does anyone have experience in wrapping alcantara around plastic pieces? Is it difficult? I have done mods with felt before (yes, this was back in 2003, and I was too broke to afford suede lol, but it did look pretty good when I was finished), and with felt I just used spray adhesive, but I wonder if that would damage the alcantara, or soak through? I'm also concerned with pieces creasing as I wrap. Might need to do some YouTubin'.