PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Painted DIY Red Type R trim! Relatively easy project and love the results!

Just waiting for my Red badges and eventually Type R steering wheel. =)

Honda Civic 10th gen Si interior “mod”thread AB9D58BE-792D-4733-9CC4-A5EF43474230
Sponsored

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
What paint did you use and I am curious how well this will hold up.

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Got my steering wheel emblem installed to match my DIY Type R red trim! Loving it! Now for the type r steering wheel next!
Honda Civic 10th gen Si interior “mod”thread 80F8C765-6D8D-4EE7-B078-1D6D5E4B73D4

As for the paint, red plasticdip surprisingly. It turned out quite well actually!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Did you have to pull off this trim to paint it? Got info on how to remove the trim if you did?

Painted DIY Red Type R trim! Relatively easy project and love the results!

Just waiting for my Red badges and eventually Type R steering wheel. =)

AB9D58BE-792D-4733-9CC4-A5EF43474230.jpeg

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you have to pull off this trim to paint it? Got info on how to remove the trim if you did?

yup, had to remove the trim to paint it. the hardest part was removing the trim from the passenger side AC vent. this requires partially removing the head unit in order to detach the faux carbon fiber piece that is connected to the passenger vent.

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Why do you guys want badges that represent an R when you don’t own an R. When I see something like that I feel bad for the person.

Have pride in what you own don’t pretend it’s something else

During my time in the Marine Corps we had a saying that in every group you always had “that one guy”. It seems it’s no different in the civilian world :lol:

n/e hoo if anyone has any questions about the DIY red trim, always happy to help:thumbsup:

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Why do you guys want badges that represent an R when you don’t own an R. When I see something like that I feel bad for the person.
Have pride in what you own don’t pretend it’s something else
Once I saw a Smart car with a few AMG stickers. LOL.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
...badges that represent an R...
(Don't have or plan any mods like that myself, but) maybe you should look at it like "badges that look better/different", instead of thinking everyone who does that is being delusional/trying to pretend they have Type R...?

Also, what if a CTR owner made some part of their car look like another trim? Think they'd need to stop pretending and have pride in what they own? ;)

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
(Don't have or plan any mods like that myself, but) maybe you should look at it like "badges that look better/different", instead of thinking everyone who does that is being delusional/trying to pretend they have Type R...?

Also, what if a CTR owner made some part of their car look like another trim? Think they'd need to stop pretending and have pride in what they own? ;)

My thoughts exactly

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm waiting for someone to put this on their car.
Honda Civic 10th gen Si interior “mod”thread s-l400

Either way, people like customizing...that's life.

I took off my Si badge and put the JDM red (prob fake) badges on it. It's some flair and sleek all at the same time

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought these off of Amazon. They are thin, but very bright. I am running mine through a quality led dimmer to get the brightness just right.
I tried using a red pen on the factory bulbs, as well as using red clear plastic as a diffuser...nothing I tried gave off a true red. The oem lights are pretty dim as well, so with a diffuser you could barely see the light.

There isn't much you can do with the factory white bulbs without some hacking and soldering, so I plan on just sticking the oznium led to the bottom of the factory bulb housings. The end of the oznium led is on a paper thin ribbon cable, so very easy to pass under the factory snap in light housing. You could probably just splice to the oem wires. At 12 volts the ozniums are extremely bright. Only downside is they do have a small resistor 4" from the bulb that gets pretty hot at 12 volts...something to be aware of... I never metered them, but the factory led is probably running much less voltage.

Follow the oem console illumination install sheets for access to the leds. One led is in front and below the shifter trim, the other is like you said-behind the climate control bezel. Not too difficult to get to.

Screenshot_20180523-161109.png

IMG_20180523_161519241.jpg

Hooked up to 12 volts:

IMG_20180523_161331720.jpg
You ever end up installing these? If so, any issues? I still have this on my radar of things I'd like to update pretty soon. Luckily, it's been light out a lot longer due to summer and I haven't had to drive at night. So, it hasn't been anything I notice. I know it will annoy the crap out of me in winter, though :D.

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Sorry to revive this thread... even though there are similar ones in the General and Interior sections, this one resonated the most with me. Thanks for all the ideas and references.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to revive this thread... even though there are similar ones in the General and Interior sections, this one resonated the most with me. Thanks for all the ideas and references.
This is a good thread

Maybe it'll get new SI owners to get grafixpressions to bring back the gel SI decal ;)
Sponsored