SI getting an upgraded HFP suspension

1. OP
    OP
    elusiveaura

elusiveaura Senior Member

IT
    Car(s):
    18' Civic Type R CW , 18' Accord 1.5 Touring. 17 SI Sold
    HFP mats won't be high wall. Should be like the ones they show in the prototype civic.

ne0guri thanked this.
  2. Vrruumm

Vrruumm Senior Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
    I would like to get my hands on the dampening system upgrade. Time to start saving up.

3. T_A_H

T_A_H Senior Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
    In a noob

What does HFP stand for?

4. 360glitch

360glitch Moderator

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si Sedan
    Honda Factory Performance

T_A_H thanked this.
  5. Design

Design Senior Member

Car(s):
    09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
    No additional modes. Just 30-50% stiffer Normal and Sport modes, with a .5" average drop on the springs.

I think many will forgo the active dampers as those alone should cost around $1.5-2K for the set.

http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...-Sedan-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Front-Shock-Absorber
    http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...c-Sedan-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Rear-Shock-Absorber

I personally am thrilled that Honda will offer a properly spec'd system. The next cheapest entry level setup will probably come from Bilstein.

ne0guri thanked this.
  6. zroger73

zroger73 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
    #21 zroger73, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Honda Factory Performance (HFP) is the name given to a line of cosmetic and performance upgrades. These Honda-designed or approved upgrades tend to be modest and streetable for everyday drivers and backed by Honda. Anyone can buy HFP parts.

HFP is not to be confused with HPD, which is targeted toward professional racers. Only "professional racers" can buy these parts. They are not intended to be used on street vehicles and have no warranty whatsoever.

"Honda Performance Development, Inc., (HPD) is Honda's racing company in North America and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Founded in 1993, HPD is the technical operations center for Honda's high-performance racing programs. HPD specializes in the design and development of race engines, chassis and performance parts, and technical/race support. We are proud to also offer parts and race support to Honda and Acura grassroots motorsports racers, and are expanding our support of racing series and programs that make Honda racing products available to all racing styles, from karting and Quarter Midgets to the highest levels of pro racing." - http://hpd.honda.com/about/

ne0guri and T_A_H thanked this.
  7. jpuhl777

jpuhl777 Senior Member

First Name:
    Jp
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
    BUMP - in case someone hears more on the HFP suspension for the SI. I'm highly interested in this.

I hope the pic of the green civic in this thread doesn't have the HFP suspension - I was hoping for a bit more drop. nothing slammed or unstreetable, but more "noticeable" I guess I would say.

cvue thanked this.
  8. jpuhl777

jpuhl777 Senior Member

First Name:
    Jp
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
    Awhile ago the dealership I bought my SI from said HFP items will be coming out for the FIT first, and the Civic should soon follow. On Honda's official website the Honda Fit has the HFP items listed as a package now for the 2018 Fit. So we should be hearing about the Civic SI HFP sometime pretty soon!

fingers crossed for a nice suspension setup that drops the car about 1-1.2 inches! that would make my day

Jake Speed, Jetcraftmor and KnoxTn17Si thanked this.