Si Factory Accessories / Performance Parts Released!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I noticed that there are different model codes for the Si with and without the summer tires. Does that mean that they have to come from the factory with the summer tires, or is it a dealer installed option?
Factory.
Sponsored

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I'm disappointed that there seems to be no mention of the HFP suspension. But I understand this is only a preliminary list.
Hmm with the Si having adaptive suspension, Im not sure if that would effect how hard it would be to throw on a different set of shocks and springs.

I loved the hfp suspension on the 08 Si and thought it was a good value. Hope something like that becomes available for non Si trims.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I don't think there's going to be a lot of difference in straight line acceleration when comparing an Si to a non Si 1.5l Turbo civic w Hondata tune.

I recall reading the difference between the Si was just a factory tune. You may just as well be splitting hairs by comparing the two.

Be interesting to see how well the Si handles w it's suspension and lsd. On paper it looks good if not great, but who knows unless there's a test of the two.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Hmm with the Si having adaptive suspension, Im not sure if that would effect how hard it would be to throw on a different set of shocks and springs.

I loved the hfp suspension on the 08 Si and thought it was a good value. Hope something like that becomes available for non Si trims.
I imagine it will either be a package deal with revised adaptive dampers and springs, or a "spring only" package that is designed to work with the existing dampers. The latter option being unlikely.

Or perhaps, Honda PR was misinformed about the availability of an HFP suspension for the Si.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I imagine it will either be a package deal with revised adaptive dampers and springs, or a "spring only" package that is designed to work with the existing dampers. The latter option being unlikely.

Or perhaps, Honda PR was misinformed about the availability of an HFP suspension for the Si.
After looking at the part images and part numbers...seeing the difference in the dampers and associated parts it looks like the shock bodies are a little shorter than the standard civic dampers along with different bump stops and dust boots as well.. but the springs are showing up the same part # front and rear :hmm: which leads me to believe that the Si's lower stance might just be from the shortened dampers ( 1/2" lower maybe taking a shot in the dark at thiso_O ) so aftermarket springs might work very well with these dampers or if they release HFP ones:hmm:

OP
OP

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
I don't think there's going to be a lot of difference in straight line acceleration when comparing an Si to a non Si 1.5l Turbo civic w Hondata tune.

I recall reading the difference between the Si was just a factory tune. You may just as well be splitting hairs by comparing the two.

Be interesting to see how well the Si handles w it's suspension and lsd. On paper it looks good if not great, but who knows unless there's a test of the two.
Si has a larger turbo (same as CR-V) for one difference. I believe the cams are different as well.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe the cams are different as well.
Cams are the same part number on the Si for intake and exhaust as the other 1.5T engines.:wave:

Intake Cam: 14110-5PA-A00
Exhaust Cam: 14120-5AA-A00

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the throttle body and intake manifold are the same parts for the SI?

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I want the front and rear sway bars for the SI for my EX. my car may be slow but it will be able to corner like nobody's business.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag