SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy

RiceFingaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well that’s weird. I just emailed Kenji garage and he confirmed it comes with the front pipe. :hmm:

3D91C717-A0B8-4266-9623-3B029678468F.png
Top left is the down pipe, center is the front pipe, then the greddy system after that. You can't see the greddy system in this picture.

That's a @team3d down pipe and front pipe.

Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy 20180606_131701
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I like the sound of the Greddy so far from the clips. Does anyone have info on the stated performance gains of this system? I can't find anything as yet. Also, what do you guys think of the bulgy mufflers there? They seem extremely large, hang low and distract from the actual exhaust tips for me. But that is just from what I've seen...maybe it's the angle. Does anyone else notice this or is this a specific style they were going for? As always though it sounds great so congrats to the new owners out there.
The low hanging bulgy mufflers look terrible in my opinion. =/ looking forward to different options. Going to wait to see what happens to peoples cars with aftermarket exhaust before I pull the trigger. I hate the HDMI look but I will deal with it until I know for a fact these companies make an exhaust system that wont effect the longevity of my car.

OP
OP
mmuldoon

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
The low hanging bulgy mufflers look terrible in my opinion. =/ looking forward to different options. Going to wait to see what happens to peoples cars with aftermarket exhaust before I pull the trigger. I hate the HDMI look but I will deal with it until I know for a fact these companies make an exhaust system that wont effect the longevity of my car.
An exhaust won’t effect the longevity of the car, looking forward to options as well.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Either you love it or hate. I love it. I think it looks fantastic and unique from the rear when it gives off that shine.
Don’t expect any gains from a catback. It’s either for weight savings or sound.
DP/FP will net gains

Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy 005D4743-0C26-4476-B301-E04AD8D45C46

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
17CDD61B-3399-45E8-980F-3C266A89B34C.jpeg
6FA454FD-F0E8-4D23-B3B8-3B4E886B5B8B.jpeg
Found the issue. Driver side muffler has a very small gap between itself and the hangar. I have aggressively shaken the exhaust by hand and this is the only thing making noise. I have tried readjusting the mufflers without removing the rear bolts but no luck. Heat shields do not seem to be the issue. Gonna go by autozone to find the above mentioned spark plug rubber cap. Hopefully I get the right one. If I do decide to remove the mufflers to readjust positioning would I need to purchase a new gasket?
Quick update for all those having issues with GReddy fitment. After using the caps recommended by j_d_a I noticed that since the mufflers, rubber engine caps, and hanger are all somewhat still connected the exhaust would still cause the car to shake a bit at times even though the rattle noise was being masked by the rubber. I finally got frustrated and decided to cut the nubs off the hangers giving me plenty of space and no more rattles or shakes. Used a simple hand held dremmel tool with metal cutting blade. did not take long at all as long you remove the rubber hangers first and use some WD40 to do that. Included after pic for you guys. Hate that a great company like GReddy didn't recognize this during R&D.
Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy IMG_6780

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quick update for all those having issues with GReddy fitment. After using the caps recommended by j_d_a I noticed that since the mufflers, rubber engine caps, and hanger are all somewhat still connected the exhaust would still cause the car to shake a bit at times even though the rattle noise was being masked by the rubber. I finally got frustrated and decided to cut the nubs off the hangers giving me plenty of space and no more rattles or shakes. Used a simple hand held dremmel tool with metal cutting blade. did not take long at all as long you remove the rubber hangers first and use some WD40 to do that. Included after pic for you guys. Hate that a great company like GReddy didn't recognize this during R&D.
IMG_6780.jpg
Are you planning on putting anything on there that acts like a notch to prevent your mufflers from sliding off?? Even a large zip tie would offer some peace of mind

Dvoxojo

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Link to site to purchase these?

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you planning on putting anything on there that acts like a notch to prevent your mufflers from sliding off?? Even a large zip tie would offer some peace of mind
Well I guess you really cant tell from the picture but I made the cut just enough to leave the factory notch, only the notch is now flat rather the penis head shape. lol

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

OP
OP
mmuldoon

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
The more and more I look at this exhaust, the more I think it looks like a universal system. It doesn’t seem to fit the car at all...I’m pretty disappointed in it. They did a great job on the Type R, fits the car, this one not so much.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hate that a great company like GReddy didn't recognize this during R&D.
did you contact Greddy at all? I don't have a SI but have a CTR and the batch of the triple tip exhaust (i know of like 4 people locally) had a similiar issue where the hanger support bracket rattled against the oem hanger ends.
Since I was local they offered to fix it in house and reposition the hanger brackets to stop it from contacting.

I'm sure if you would've showed them the pictures they would've offered some solution that both parties would be happy with.

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did you contact Greddy at all? I don't have a SI but have a CTR and the batch of the triple tip exhaust (i know of like 4 people locally) had a similiar issue where the hanger support bracket rattled against the oem hanger ends.
Since I was local they offered to fix it in house and reposition the hanger brackets to stop it from contacting.

I'm sure if you would've showed them the pictures they would've offered some solution that both parties would be happy with.
I did initially contact them to inform them of a rattle but at the time I thought the mufflers were hitting the factory exhaust heat shields. They informed me that some people were having same issue and said some people were removing the heat shield or bending them upwards but for their own protection they could not advise me to do so and it would be my call on what to do. After getting under the car the next day I discovered it was not the heat shields but in fact the mufflers hitting the hangers, so then I came to the forums and here we are. I did not contact GReddy again since it seemed they couldn't be of much help the first time I called them and I am in Houston TX so obviously could not drive out to cali for them to fix it. Not mad at GReddy, just wish they would do something seeing as how many customers are experiencing this issue. Am very thankful for everyone on these forums though.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont have a rattle, however I notice when I go over a bumpy road or train tracks ill hear a loud sound that almost sounds like a backfire. I am thinking the muffler is also hitting something at this point on my sedan :\

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Man, whats with the huge cans showing near the tips?

Look so odd.
Sponsored