BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Installed! The sound exceeds my expectations. It’s slightly louder than stock and has a nice deep note. Only have first cold start up so far.
Question for those who’ve installed. I couldn’t figure out how to remove the 3 stock bolts/ nuts from the stock front pipe. The greddy came with 3 new ones but I only ended up using their gasket. Anyone else ?
Edit: i was told the 3 bolts are for after market front pipes.

Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy BC30354D-2C17-40AB-A523-0BE3141CB426

Sponsored

Last edited:

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
Country flag
Installed! The sound exceeds my expectations. It’s slightly louder than stock and has a nice deep note. Only have first cold start up so far.
Question for those who’ve installed. I couldn’t figure out how to remove the 3 stock bolts/ nuts from the front pipe. The greddy came with 3 new ones but I only ended up using their gasket. Anyone else ?

BC30354D-2C17-40AB-A523-0BE3141CB426.jpeg

Sounds great bud. Congrats!

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (FC1), 1999 Toyota Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
Installed my GReddy last week on my Si Coupe and am also having a loud rattle but seems like mostly on ignition and on bumpy roads. gonna get underneath again tomorrow to see what I can find. Called GReddy today to see if they had the same issue on their coupe, they said theirs is not having issues but did have customers call in regarding this issue and some of the customers were removing the heat shield or having them bent upward by a shop. Do you guys think removing them completely is a good idea? I'm leaning more towards bending them upward? Will try to keep you guys posted and appreciate the feedback.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Installed my GReddy last week on my Si Coupe and am also having a loud rattle but seems like mostly on ignition and on bumpy roads. gonna get underneath again tomorrow to see what I can find. Called GReddy today to see if they had the same issue on their coupe, they said theirs is not having issues but did have customers call in regarding this issue and some of the customers were removing the heat shield or having them bent upward by a shop. Do you guys think removing them completely is a good idea? I'm leaning more towards bending them upward? Will try to keep you guys posted and appreciate the feedback.
I think if you look back a few pages, people with coupes have been having the issue with the hanger hitting the mufflers

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (FC1), 1999 Toyota Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a sedan (FC1) and was getting a slight rattle only at certain times barely happened. Just loosened the exhaust and re-positioned and tightened, also to try and give me slightly more ground clearance. Also moved the heatshield around my EPS motor and near my fuel tank. Hopefully this remedies it.

j__d__a

First Name
jake d allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,
So I have a coupe and installed the GReddy exhaust a few weeks back and love it, but I did encounter the hanger caps hitting the seams of the tops of the mufflers. What I did initially was take off the heat shields, but found that that wasn't the problem, so I then thought about bending the hangers up a little bit, but I realized I didn't want to do that. So, I went and got some industrial engine plugs/caps and then I double up on each side and they completely did the trick. I can post some photos of what I did and used if you guys would like :)

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I’m interested in seeing the pics.

Hey guys,
So I have a coupe and installed the GReddy exhaust a few weeks back and love it, but I did encounter the hanger caps hitting the seams of the tops of the mufflers. What I did initially was take off the heat shields, but found that that wasn't the problem, so I then thought about bending the hangers up a little bit, but I realized I didn't want to do that. So, I went and got some industrial engine plugs/caps and then I double up on each side and they completely did the trick. I can post some photos of what I did and used if you guys would like :)

newsiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GenX Civic SI
Country flag
Hey guys,
Where did you get the caps?

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys,
Yes please. Pics would be great as I have time today to work on this issue.

j__d__a

First Name
jake d allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alrighty, so I went to my local Autozone lol and got these Engine Rubber Caps, and put a smaller one on each hanger cap first, snugly. Then put the larger one around it for more protection and so it would keep everything tight and so the hanger and muffler would move/ rattle. I have some photos of the hangers, and caps, and how I used them, hope this helps because its a pretty annoying issue.

Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy IMG_2649.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy IMG_2650.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy IMG_2651.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy IMG_2652.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy IMG_2653.JPG

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy 17CDD61B-3399-45E8-980F-3C266A89B34C
Honda Civic 10th gen SI Exhaust - think I’m waiting for GReddy 6FA454FD-F0E8-4D23-B3B8-3B4E886B5B8B
Found the issue. Driver side muffler has a very small gap between itself and the hangar. I have aggressively shaken the exhaust by hand and this is the only thing making noise. I have tried readjusting the mufflers without removing the rear bolts but no luck. Heat shields do not seem to be the issue. Gonna go by autozone to find the above mentioned spark plug rubber cap. Hopefully I get the right one. If I do decide to remove the mufflers to readjust positioning would I need to purchase a new gasket?

newsiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GenX Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks.

The exhaust is perfect for me. Deep down low. Racey up high. No rasp. Aside from the hanger issue....spot on