mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Very nice setup! Another JL fan. I got all my speakers changed out to. But I also changed out my head unit. But ended up getting two 10’s. I really like how they used sound deadening for the entire trunk. They only did the bottom of the rear deck on mine so it wouldn’t rattle. Congrats on your new system!

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Coupe - Full JL Audio Upgrade EF1E735F-C432-4CC4-B606-4F7BFE935B65

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Coupe - Full JL Audio Upgrade 76964B01-696F-423B-9D87-A3BA4147EEE3

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
OP, so you are still using steering wheel or radio volume control? What is your result? Read below.

I've read up on the JL Fix and almost bought one a few days ago, but before doing so I found a concern. The JL Fix takes the signal output from the radio and tries to make it flat and equalize time delays, but it can only remain flat if you never change the radio volume. From reading on the subject, (I have no first hand experience), when the radio volume is changed so is the EQ being applied to the output. This makes the Fix DRC knob essential because it changes the volume after the Fix instead of before.

Civicsi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here. I have a very similar set up that I will be doing this week.

-FIX 86
-JL Audio HD750-1, SLASH 300/4v3
-2 JL Audio 12w3v3's
HERTZ MILLI 6.5 front and rear.

I would like to know how the FIX 86 was integrated into the system. I want to retain the factory center channel.
I wanna know if you have any issues with battery power also. Dimming lights and stuff. Ill be running roughly the same power as you are. Thanks for any help.

Civicsi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP, so you are still using steering wheel or radio volume control? What is your result? Read below.

I've read up on the JL Fix and almost bought one a few days ago, but before doing so I found a concern. The JL Fix takes the signal output from the radio and tries to make it flat and equalize time delays, but it can only remain flat if you never change the radio volume. From reading on the subject, (I have no first hand experience), when the radio volume is changed so is the EQ being applied to the output. This makes the Fix DRC knob essential because it changes the volume after the Fix instead of before.
I've had my FIX 86 on my last three cars. What it does to the music is a work of art. You will not be disappointed with it. You do have to set it up properly once installed. Pink noise test. ITs very easy to do though. Just follow the instructions. The system sounds like crap before you preform the Calibration test. Trust me, night and day difference.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
I've had my FIX 86 on my last three cars. What it does to the music is a work of art. You will not be disappointed with it. You do have to set it up properly once installed. Pink noise test. ITs very easy to do though. Just follow the instructions. The system sounds like crap before you preform the Calibration test. Trust me, night and day difference.
I have one on my Civic and ❤ It so much.
Sponsored