Si Colors & Full Sales Guide!

Branch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport, '07 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I noticed that the Si is listed between the EX-T and EX-L. I wonder if that is related to features and/or pricing.
Sponsored

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
few things that stuck out to me on my first skim of the sales guide....

1. The Si is listed with available Navi....though to me that is redundant with apple maps and google maps available through carplay and android auto

2. The curb weight of the Si Sedan coming in at 2906lbs is nice, i didnt see the the Si coupe's weight listed...thats lighter than i thought it would be

3. Was interesting to see the standard equipment comparisons between the Si and its closest competitors...Honda REALLY seems to what to play up the value of this car and how much more its going to cost to option up a comparably equipped ST, WRX, or GTI

4. I thought it was interesting that in the comparison between the Si Sedan and WRX, Honda says the say is "much more affordable" than the cheapest WRX...the base WRX comes in at an MSRP of $26,695...now, its anybody's guess what exactly Honda considers "much more affordable," but I think its safe to say that we can expect the Si's MSRP to be a pretty attractive number based on that...

Consider
- EX-T Sedan (w/CVT) = $22,300
- EX-L Sedan = $23,800
- Touring Sedan = $26,600
- WRX Base = $26,695

since Honda considers the Si Sedan to be "much more affordable" than the WRX, so we can safely assume it will sticker for less than the Touring Sedan...I bet this thing doesn't sticker for all that much more than an EX-L...maybe less than $25k?...that would be impressive....Even though its based on the EX-T, i cant see them beating or matching the sticker of the EX-L...the wheels, turbo upgrade, LSD, suspension goodies, etc have to kick the price up a bit...but a sticker between $24k-$25k is still impressive...i always assumed closer to $26 when we were told "mid 20's"

oh, and praise the lord Honda didnt do something stupid like not offer the car in white...that would have really messed up my plans!

Last edited:

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
"Much more affordable" than $26.6k would be like $23.9k. Even $24.9k is pushing it.

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
That's a really great find, thank you sir. But, this is overall really disappointing. 2,906 lbs curb weight! I was hoping for 2700, so much for the lightweight seats.

"The standard alloy wheel size on Civic Si is 18 inches, while the base WRX comes with 17-inch alloys; Subaru buyers must spend at least $2,300 more—for the Premium trim—to get 18s" - this quote really kills me, this isn't a car for me. Sorry Honda, back to the drawing board.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
So looks like Android Auto we'll be fed to the dash screen, which sounds really awesome.
Plus:
  • Si-exclusive screens, including a rev indicator to signal optimum shift points, a g-meter and a lap timer, enhance the sporting experience.
"

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Yay! The coupe will be available in Energy Green Pearl after all! So far, I think that would be my primary color choice with red being second and black being third. My Ridgeline is white and I'm not interested in any of the other colors.

Awesome find! Thanks for sharing. This document states the Si has different valves and pistons in its motor. Is that unique to the Si? The si's turbo comes from the crv...but does it actually have unique valves and pistons or are they just from the crv as well?
Rob Keoug, the Civic Senior Product Planner, said to Gerald Irish, a TOV Feature Editor at the 2017 NYAS...

"The basic engine is the same, but it is pushing more boost. It's got a bigger turbo on it than what's on the hatchback..."
"I'm not aware of any internal [differences]..."
"the general base engine package is pretty comparable to what's in the other 1.5 turbos."
"...different intake bits..."
"...basic block is the same..."
"...intake and exhaust are unique..."
"...same turbo as what's on the CR-V..."

Last edited:

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
Country flag
Yeah I remember that part thanks. It doesn't seem like he had all the details on the internals as he seemed unsure. If anyone knows if the CR-V has different pistons and valves from the standard 1.5Ts that would help clear things up as well.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Yeah I remember that part thanks. It doesn't seem like he had all the details on the internals as he seemed unsure. If anyone knows if the CR-V has different pistons and valves from the standard 1.5Ts that would help clear things up as well.
I couldn't decide if he was 1) unsure, 2) nervous, or 3) vague. I suspect a bit of all three. :)

The 2017 CR-V press release has this to say:

"Several features combine to create the CR-V 1.5-liter turbo's increased performance compared to Civic models that are powered by this same engine family. A reduction in compression ratio combines with a higher maximum turbo boost pressure – made possible by a new turbocharger impeller design and more free-flowing intake and exhaust systems – to net a substantial gain in horsepower and torque."

"With its high power output, the reshaped piston crowns in the CR-V lower the compression ratio from 10.6:1 to 10.3:1, to allow the engine to operate efficiently at a higher maximum boost pressure."

"Special cooling channels in the CR-V's pistons also help keep operating temperatures in check."

"Compared to the similar induction system used in the Civic, the CR-V induction system has a 4-percent improvement in flow, contributing to greater power output in the CR-V.

Those are the differences I could find that seem to point to specific differences between the Civic's 1.5T and the CR-V's 1.5T.

http://hondanews.com/releases/cf16df0d-5096-42a0-bdc1-60fa953c7a49

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I couldn't decide if he was 1) unsure, 2) nervous, or 3) vague. I suspect a bit of all three. :)

The 2017 CR-V press release has this to say:

"Several features combine to create the CR-V 1.5-liter turbo's increased performance compared to Civic models that are powered by this same engine family. A reduction in compression ratio combines with a higher maximum turbo boost pressure – made possible by a new turbocharger impeller design and more free-flowing intake and exhaust systems – to net a substantial gain in horsepower and torque."

"With its high power output, the reshaped piston crowns in the CR-V lower the compression ratio from 10.6:1 to 10.3:1, to allow the engine to operate efficiently at a higher maximum boost pressure."

"Special cooling channels in the CR-V's pistons also help keep operating temperatures in check."

"Compared to the similar induction system used in the Civic, the CR-V induction system has a 4-percent improvement in flow, contributing to greater power output in the CR-V.

Those are the differences I could find that seem to point to specific differences between the Civic's 1.5T and the CR-V's 1.5T.

http://hondanews.com/releases/cf16df0d-5096-42a0-bdc1-60fa953c7a49
Well, according to the sales docs...the compression ratio is the same in the Si motor...so it likely does not have the CRV's pistons...

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
Country flag
Thanks for the info bud that is helpful. So with that said, the sales doc says the Si is running at the higher compression of 10.6:1 like the standard 1.5Ts. Because Honda is cheaping out a bit they could be sharing the same parts as the CR-V in terms of different pistons and maybe valves too. But it is still possible that the Si has unique pistons and valves to cope with the higher compression as well as higher HP than the CR-V is running with. It is more likely that the parts are just taken from the collective parts bin sadly. But it would be cool to know for sure if maybe the Si has slightly sturdier components compared to the other versions of the 1.5T including the CR-V. In that interview he did say it will have some beefier components(wasn't really specific) but like we said, he could be unsure or vague or whatever.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Well, the paper works is right in that the FoST does not COME with an LSD, but you can buy one from Ford and have it put in and warrantied by them. That would also add about $1,500 to the Focus price.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
It is more likely that the parts are just taken from the collective parts bin sadly. But it would be cool to know for sure if maybe the Si has slightly sturdier components compared to the other versions of the 1.5T including the CR-V. In that interview he did say it will have some beefier components(wasn't really specific) but like we said, he could be unsure or vague or whatever.
Agreed. Everything seems to point to this being a parts bin engine. It's highly unlikely that Honda created new internals specifically for the Si, unless they were planning on using the engine in something else in their lineup (or the Acura lineup) which is still possible.

The power level on the Si isn't that much more than the Sport 1.5T so I'm not sure it would warrant different internals for a 25hp/30ft.lbs. increase. Those sorts of power increases are entirely possible on turbocharged vehicles with just a small increase in boost and tuning and have minimal (if any) effect in long term reliability.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
The power level on the Si isn't that much more than the Sport 1.5T so I'm not sure it would warrant different internals for a 25hp/30ft.lbs. increase. Those sorts of power increases are entirely possible on turbocharged vehicles with just a small increase in boost and tuning and have minimal (if any) effect in long term reliability.
It's not unusual for automakers to slightly beef up the internals a bit on models they know that "enthusiasts" will modify.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
It's not unusual for automakers to slightly beef up the internals a bit on models they know that "enthusiasts" will modify.
True. It's also mentioned the Si will have "different pistons, valves..." so who knows.

It doesn't specifically reference mention what the differences are, for all we know it could be marketing talk for "technically different enough to qualify that statement" or could actually mean hardier components. I guess we'll find out once people start modifying these things. :D
Sponsored