Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
What's up everyone? I'm a new civic owner, new to civicx and relatively new to the Pittsburgh area. I haven't seen any SI's or R's since moving here. I'm sure that will change, hopefully will catch some of you around. I have a question, have any of you who have tinted windows been pulled over for it? I'm looking to get mine tinted, but wanted to see what people who have been in the area have experienced (include your window tint % and type (ie. carbon, ceramic)). Thanks
Welcome! PRL Motorsports is located roughly 35 minutes from downtown. You are always welcome to stop in for a visit and check out what we have going on here, maybe pick up a few things to avoid shipping costs. You may see more Si's and a handful of R's cruising around as the weather gets nicer. Pittsburgh Car scene events will be worth looking into attending, the Waterfront meets are very relaxed and a good atmosphere. We will be at the first one April 18th, 2019!

You may want to contact Pittsburgh Protective Film (located right next to us) Craig should be able to answer all of those questions for you. Several customers have had their windows done there and we've heard good things!

The Facebook group SickSociety is local to southwestern (ish) Pennsylvania, and it is quite active and growing!
Sponsored

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the welcome! I am actually looking into getting a CAI as well and planned on stopping by to chat with you guys when I get some time. I just got in touch with PPF too, i appreciate the heads up!
We are open 9am-6pm M-F!

kpelkey151

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Newish 2019 SI PWP owner. I live in the North Hills area and work south near Bridgeville. I think the only SI I have seen around is a blue on on 376 once or twice

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Newish 2019 SI PWP owner. I live in the North Hills area and work south near Bridgeville. I think the only SI I have seen around is a blue on on 376 once or twice
Quite a few Si's floating around, and a handful of R's you may see in the wild. Everyone should come to the Waterfront Meet hosted by Pittsburgh Car Scene this coming Thursday. PRL crew will be rolling in around 6:30! The first one always has a crazy amount of attendance accompanied by a very laid back atmosphere. We expect a dozen or so Si's to be present.

depthOneDJ

First Name
Curtiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Bethel Park area here. Looking for a shop that can install aftermarket parts if anyone has any recommendations.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Blue 2018 Type-R here. I'm in the Glenshaw/Etna/Allison Park area.

AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hey Jake, it is me indeed. I just picked it up a couple weeks ago. Loving it so far!

2TurboSi's

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 Turbo Si, '02 S2000, '19 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys,
New to the GenX civic, but loving it so far. Picked up a Crystal Black 2019 Si over the summer which decommissioned my s2000 from daily driving, and also gave me something with 4 doors and enough room for a child seat. Actually expecting kiddo #1 to arrive any day now, so thats pretty exciting!
You might see me driving around the Fox Chapel area. I've seen a few other Si's in this neck of the woods. Love this car!
-Bill

Also, I've autocrossed (a different civic) in the region for 15+ years now, so I at least know one dude on here (AJ).
Sponsored