OzCop

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe, 2020 SLT GMC Terrain, F450 MH
Country flag
That must be Mark “The Alien” Daddio you speak of...he was prepping a (I think white coupe) for his son? maybe 4 or 5 years ago (but could be longer). He has more National Championships in multiple classes than I have fingers (and probably adding on a few toes, too).
Indeed, Mark Daddio...still kicking butt wherever he runs...great guy...

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is partly why I have such a love for the honda community, there's such a wide range of enthusiasts that really appreciate the car for what it is. I'm 24 but have made many close friends aged 30, 40, and even 50 due to Honda's, very knowledgeable and they always love to help/give great advice.

That being said it's pretty funny how whenever you pass an Si it's generally a 50/50 shot, either they are a 20 year old kid chain vaping his vape out of a cracked window or are balding/have white hair

LOVE THEM ALL :beer:

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
This is partly why I have such a love for the honda community, there's such a wide range of enthusiasts that really appreciate the car for what it is. I'm 24 but have made many close friends aged 30, 40, and even 50 due to Honda's, very knowledgeable and they always love to help/give great advice.

That being said it's pretty funny how whenever you pass an Si it's generally a 50/50 shot, either they are a 20 year old kid chain vaping his vape out of a cracked window or are balding/have white hair

LOVE THEM ALL :beer:
I may be 64.... but I dusted that Prelude with the youngster driving off the light after church last Sunday.
;0)

tootingkoala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Was 31 when I bought the 2020 Si, and at the time I thought i was too old for one. NOPE!

Sporin

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
Country flag
That checks out, I bought mine last summer at age 49. After many years of boring family cars, it was time for something a little more entertaining to drive back and forth to my new job.

geezerr54

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan, 01 Tacoma, 99 4Runner
Country flag
My user name indicates that I fit perfectly in this thread, yes I'm older than most here (66) but only in body not mind. Over the considerable amount of years that I've been driving the allure of fast cars that can carve up the corners has never diminished. At last count between my single and married lives I've owned 31 cars and trucks with only 10 being auto's, several fall into the wow that was a blast to drive category. Currently I mostly drive a 17 4runner with the Si as my wives(63) DD that I enjoy driving as often as I can. When we are out and about some of the looks that we get are quite humorous, like WTF are they doing in that or must be a midlife crisis thing. We just smile as I tuck the nose into corner and accelerate hard through and out never trying to impress anyone other than ourselves. For both of us the combination of a 6 speed with the handling characteristics of our 18 Si are quite exhilarating and impressive .Guys and girls our Si's might not be the fastest but the fun factor more than makes up for 0-60 times. This coming from a self proclaimed geezer and his wife should really show that you're only as old as you feel, besides who says the young should have all the fun?

OzCop

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe, 2020 SLT GMC Terrain, F450 MH
Country flag
View attachment 283423
My user name indicates that I fit perfectly in this thread, yes I'm older than most here (66) but only in body not mind. Over the considerable amount of years that I've been driving the allure of fast cars that can carve up the corners has never diminished. At last count between my single and married lives I've owned 31 cars and trucks with only 10 being auto's, several fall into the wow that was a blast to drive category. Currently I mostly drive a 17 4runner with the Si as my wives(63) DD that I enjoy driving as often as I can. When we are out and about some of the looks that we get are quite humorous, like WTF are they doing in that or must be a midlife crisis thing. We just smile as I tuck the nose into corner and accelerate hard through and out never trying to impress anyone other than ourselves. For both of us the combination of a 6 speed with the handling characteristics of our 18 Si are quite exhilarating and impressive .Guys and girls our Si's might not be the fastest but the fun factor more than makes up for 0-60 times. This coming from a self proclaimed geezer and his wife should really show that you're only as old as you feel, besides who says the young should have all the fun?
That is awesome sir. Sounds like you need to join some of us at parking lot autocrosses and see how that thing really handles. I'm 78, and have been an enthusiast since early teens. I was into drag racing for years with big V8s, but got into SCCA Autocrossing at age 43 and have not looked back. Proof that small cars like ours can hang with the Corvettes and others, course dependent. You not only have fun with the car, but you get your exercise by walking each course, sometimes multiple times, to learn where to place the car for quickest times. No wheel to wheel stuff, just running for time on a coned course. I have met some of the greatest folks on earth during my time with SCCA. I got the bug early enough that I was able to compete in National events across the country. I live in Texas, but have as many friends in other states as I have here...Continue that enthusiasm with your car, but stay safe....