Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Of course old geezers love it. A lot of people don't know this but the Si in Civic Si stands for Senior inspired. :cool::p
Sponsored

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honestly from what I see the most expensive sports cars out there are driven by guys no younger than 65 they’re the ones that can afford them, and in a lot of places the insurance on an Si and sports cars is so high young guys can’t afford to pay the insurance. So basically you should be seeing mostly old farts in Si’s and sports cars.

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
68 y.o. here with a 2019 Civic Si in Tonic Yellow.
I have had it for 3 months and really enjoy it. I see no need for modifications or beating the shit out of it. Whoever's getting this car after I let go will be getting a well kept and babied car.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
There is a prior post, "How old are y'all" and from what I recall, the ages were significantly skewed under 35-40. I posted a bar chart of the responses to the "How old" but it wasn't easy.

I guess the "Geezer" headline got some attention. I'm in that group.

I'm wondering if a Si forum member would have the programming skill to write a small response survey where a member could indicate their age/age range.

Even better would be if someone connected to Honda might sanitize their database and provide just birth-year data for Si owners. I can't imagine that's secret marketing info but who knows these days.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
28 here and I thought I was too old for an Si... :dunno:

Haha just messing around - It's a great little car! I do wonder how you old folks feel about the hard suspension? Does it bother you after a while, or do you just get used to it? Or does it ever "settle" and get softer? Even w/o sport mode engaged, the suspension is pretty stiff.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I have put a few bucks into this Honda. The outcome has not been as pleasant as a few bucks into prior Nissan's and Audi's. Totally different platforms but through it all this car is not made for A lot of people. Stock it kicks ass.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely not an old geezer car. While there are older folks that appreciate this car, I’d guess most buyers are under 35. At 41 I drive the coupe and have no regrets.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I think DRuby's chart is probably an accurate representation of age demographics.

It showed the largest group of owners being in their 30's. The next two largest groups, being equal, were owners in their twenty's and forty's.

It just comes down to people who love great cars. And the tenth gen. Si is a great car.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think where you live is important back in NYC tri- state area the insurance for a younger guy is crazy on these cars or any sports cars, most younger guys can’t afford it. Midwest, South don’t matter everything cheap.

Old George

First Name
Georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
There is no age to drive an SI...and then age is in your head.
Some people feel old at 40 years and others still fell young at 80.
I have a modified SI coupe and I take advantage of it every day.
I tell myself that I am lucky to have a such car.
When some nights, I can drive fast on open highways, it's an extreme pleasure,
a privilege to be able to do that after 80.
Thank you for your life.

SirVicksDeep

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm 38 and the woman is 27. She likes riding in my SI being that she can't drive a manual, (and wont learn.) All of her sub 30 year old friends love mine and also cant drive a manual. So maybe all the old geezers figured out if they want to bang sub 30yos... buy an SI...Dont be jealous they figured it out first.....lol

schrisi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Si
Country flag
Honestly from what I see the most expensive sports cars out there are driven by guys no younger than 65 they’re the ones that can afford them, and in a lot of places the insurance on an Si and sports cars is so high young guys can’t afford to pay the insurance. So basically you should be seeing mostly old farts in Si’s and sports cars.
I wonder if my insurance company knows what an Si is. My premium was about the same as my old 2013 LX, which was still incredibly cheap compared to what I've heard others pay.
Sponsored